• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recent content by hamerman55

1. hamerman55

DIY footswitch with 3pdt footswitch?

It sounds like you want a remote true bypass switch for reverb unit. You’ll need power for the led, for one. You also need to use shielded cable between the switch and the unit. There are actually commercial boxes that do just this, and I’ve seen son diy kits too. The are cost effective with...
  2. hamerman55

Just ordered an Aion RAT kit

I’ve built three of his full kits. The Zendrive, the ODR1 and the Bluesbreaker. All top notch quality, well documented and great customer service. I’ve also built many BYOC and GGG kits. Have also used Madbeans PCB and PedalPCB boards As well as built Aion’s L5 sourcing my own parts. The Aion...
  3. hamerman55

Eventide MicroPitch Delay Pedal

Does this pedal actually appear in the wild? It seems that everyone is back ordered.
  4. hamerman55

Eventide MicroPitch Delay Pedal

Sweet water has a shipment due in any day.
  5. hamerman55

BOSS Angry Driver JB2 in the house!

The ability to switch between modes with an external switch is great as well.
  6. hamerman55

The VERY FIRST drive pedal you ever owned , year, make and quality ?

For me, an Ibanez TS-9 reissue, when they first came out. Had Analogman tweak it after ten years of use, and still use it. It has mojo.
  7. hamerman55

Strymon El Capistan vs Skreddy Echo vs Belle Epoch (Deluxe)

I have all three you suggested, as well as the Dunlop EP. The BED is the most difficult to work with, as it does its thing and you live with it. The preamp, which you can use without delay as it is always on, is one of the best features. Put it in a true bypass loop and you have the option of...
  8. hamerman55

Boss ft. Sola Sound Unite for Boss TB-2W

I think there has been definite parts problems. Some outlets have been waiting for Dunlop Hendrix FF since back in November.
  9. hamerman55

NPD: Behringer SF300 Super Fuzz

I’ve built and use the BYOC Leeds Fuzz, which to my ear sounds like Pete’s sound on the album. It also sounds like my memory of originals back in the day.
  10. hamerman55

Which analog delay to get?

I like the DOD Rubberneck for a versatile TT analog delay. Plus you have the loop for inserting other effects.
  11. hamerman55

Converting to Stereo -- Spend My Money (Delay & Reverb)

I’m running stereo right now using two amps. I have the Keeley 30 ms going into a Boss DC-2W, a Keeley Eccos and an Eventide Blackhole. The 30 ms handles the initial stereo split then everything else is stereo ins and outs. If I wanted to add a dry channel I would add a Gig Rig Humdinger before...
  12. hamerman55

Your favourite delay

Same here. Got it for a great price. Once I figured out it needed a much higher current power supply than specified, it was a very inspiring pedal.
  13. hamerman55

Belle Epoch Deluxe vs EP-3

I managed to get a BED for a great deal over Christmas. I was expected for it to be pretty good as so many said so, but not very different from some other tape emulator pedals I already had (MXR Echoplex, Strymon El Cap). To my pleasant surprise, it was quite different and awesome. One thing...
  14. hamerman55

Keeley DDR Impressions - 1st Take

I got one on a whim after seeing it on Eric Johnson’s small board. All the effects are great, IMO. The mid-boost overdrive does a great lead sound reminiscent of EJ’s violin sound or Clapton’s Cream lead. Very inspiring. The plate reverb and analog delay are pretty good. The others are useable.
  15. hamerman55

Using expression pedal with Deja Vibe

It changes the speed, just like the big speed knob. It can be handy for dialing exact speeds and is useful if you have a big board and the DV is not easy to reach.