Recent content by hawk45

1. H

Producing: Do you turn off your powered speakers and unplug your USB devices after each session?

Awesome.. thanks everyone for the replies. Happy New Year!
  2. H

Producing: Do you turn off your powered speakers and unplug your USB devices after each session?

Hi all, Kind of an odd question but one on my mind. I recently built a home production area (PC, DAW, audio interface, powered monitors, 2 midi devices). It could be my OCD, but I've been turning off each monitor and unplugging the midi devices, otherwise all the flashing lights stay on, even...
  3. H

What is your "value" guitar?

Squire Bullet Telecaster that I dressed up the fretboard/frets on and plays and sounds pretty decent for $130.
  4. H

Anyone experienced a big reversal of opinion on a guitar type?

Never got the telecaster thing for 20 years. Haven't got any new gear in a long time as I was on a hiatus from guitar. Wanted to get something to respark my interest and picked up a tele. Love it. WAY more versatile than I ever would have given it credit for..
  5. H

Need help deciding: Arturia Pigments or Prophet?

Pigments has a ton in it and when on sale can be had for super cheap. I think I got it for like $90 last year on sale. It's like with Ableton, if you wait for the one/two time a year sales, you save like 25%-50% and is worth the wait.
  6. H

Can finishing a fretted fretboard case fret pop?

Picked up a project guitar and the all maple neck needs some work. It's new but a budget guitar. Plans are to do a fret level, crown, buff as well as clean up all the fret ends. The neck itself feels like raw wood with maybe one coat of something on it. If I wanted to finish the neck with...
  7. H

My new couch workstation

Surprisingly, it gets used.
  8. H

My new couch workstation

It's not the first time I've disappointed someone. Won't be the last either.
  9. H

My new couch workstation

Took the holiday to do some winter clean-up projects. One was to get rid of an old couch in the basement (aka my office and man cave). I didn't want to carry that thing out and take to one of the disposal spots they do every so many months, so I decided to break it up and just set out a few...
  10. H

Questions about Noob Amp modeling Setup (Line 6 Pod Go etc.)

Yes, the 100 watt head has a 5" speaker in the front left corner (as you are facing it) that points straight out at you. Second bullet point under "Main Features". https://www.boss.info/us/products/katana-head_mk2/ Using headphones sounds just like without, really good IMO. Tip: Through...
  11. H

Questions about Noob Amp modeling Setup (Line 6 Pod Go etc.)

As constant intermediate at-home only player for enjoyment I'll offer this advice. If you need to play through headphones, get something Bluetooth compatible. There is nothing worse than trying to play with a big cord hooked to your head. I prefer to play at lower volumes even if it doesn't...
  12. H

I quit trying last night... (telecaster content)

Funny I was just going to post a thread with the question "Have you tried telecasters and just realized they weren't for you?". Good thread, thanks! While I've never owned one, I've played a few and they didn't do anything for me, at least the more rock oriented type of music I prefer to play...
  13. H

Katana Head to Powered Speaker Cab?

OK, here is what works with this specific Tech21 Power Engine, again, with only one input (1/4"). Going Amp -> Line Out -> PE60 Input = Did not work Going Amp -> Stereo Expand (On) -> Stereo Line Out -> PE60 Input = Did work (Full power to PE60 only - Loud!) Going Amp -> Stereo Expand (Off)...
  14. H

Katana Head to Powered Speaker Cab?

I'll have to test this, but I think I may need to also put a 1/4 cable or headphone converter into the amps extension cabinet plug to turn the small 5" speaker off. Trick it into thinking I'm plugged into a cabinet.