Recent content by HelloKittyHawk!

1. HelloKittyHawk!

Kubicki Strat

I don't. The vast majority of what they made was replacement necks & bodies - complete guitars are pretty uncommon. There was a pretty nice Kubicki-necked partscaster, that recently sold on Reverb. The seller claimed that it had been built by Phil, despite the fact that the body wasn't a...
  2. HelloKittyHawk!

Vintage Guitars on my workbench

I had long heard that the Strat's popularity was seriously waning, by 1967, as the offset Fenders were all the rage (or, at least, those -and the new Coronados- were more highly prioritized by Fender's marketing), and that the model was given a new lease on life -and restored relevance- by...
  3. HelloKittyHawk!

Vintage Vox: To(p) B(oost) or not To(p) B(oost), that is the question

I have nothing to offer, other than kudos for the stellar thread title!!
  4. HelloKittyHawk!

NGD Fender Custom Shop Strat

Quite nice! That pickup configuration immediately reminded me of the old Robin Rangers. They even had a "Custom" model, with binding.
  5. HelloKittyHawk!

Old or Vintage Gibson case identification

I got my '71 SG Standard in '81, and it came with that style case (same cosmetics/flimsy chipboard construction!). It may not have been original to the SG, but it was already looking "vintage" in '81.
  6. HelloKittyHawk!

Can anybody help me identify this Guitar? (Offset Tele Partscaster, Phil Kubicki Strat Neck)

Excellent! It can be hard to break up the party, when you've already got a winning combination, but -if the Kubicki does need to migrate to another project- you could always find another neck for this one. And, thus, the process goes on, forever!
  7. HelloKittyHawk!

Can anybody help me identify this Guitar? (Offset Tele Partscaster, Phil Kubicki Strat Neck)

I actually drove from New York to Richmond, to buy my first Kubicki-necked Strat (in 2008), via a TGP ad. Still haven't disassembled it, to determine the body's origin, but it's a nice body, regardless.
  8. HelloKittyHawk!

Hi. I don't mind, at all, I just didn't receive any kind of a notification that you'd tagged me! Yamaha 1421 covered all the bases, really well. Without a serial number (which is usually present), it would be tough to date, although the neck heel stamp did change slightly, at some point, so...
  9. HelloKittyHawk!

Decade-old SS frets going through more "G" strings than a stripper with restless leg syndrome

Road trip!! I'll find someone, I'm sure. I should refrain from typing about it, until I do (so as not to beat a dead horse, nor waste Gear Page real estate with redundancy). In the meantime, I just wanted to respond to individual replies. But, then I get typin', sometimes...
  10. HelloKittyHawk!

Decade-old SS frets going through more "G" strings than a stripper with restless leg syndrome

It's a relief to finally hear from someone, to whom my experience isn't completely alien!
  11. HelloKittyHawk!

Yeah... his statement seems pretty definitive. I do agree that I'd benefit from finding someone who doesn't potentially part ways with me, on the very premise of the frets that I have (out of necessity) chosen.
  12. HelloKittyHawk!

Thanks, John! His reputation definitely precedes him, although part of that reputation leads me to believe that I probably cannot afford his services! Definitely worth an inquiry, though.
  13. HelloKittyHawk!

Oh, it does; I lose my balance, and fall -hard- on my butt, whenever I try to execute a fancy bend! Seriously, while the D.I.Y. route is appealing -from an economic and expediency standpoint- it sounds like stainless steel is unforgiving enough that this guitar would really benefit from a visit...
  14. HelloKittyHawk!

They charged extra for the cutaway. I'm damned well gonna get my money's worth!
Top Bottom