Recent content by hpharley90

1. hpharley90

EVH amps? Help to choose...

I’m glad you started this thread as I am interested also.
  2. hpharley90

Selling amp and cabinet as a set?

I agree. Split em up. That’s what I did and they both went .
  3. hpharley90

dirt for 5e3

Where would I get one of these?
  4. hpharley90

dirt for 5e3

Thanks everyone. I’ll take a look at all.
  5. hpharley90

dirt for 5e3

my 5e3 clone tweed deluxe has a clean tone that I love. I use the high sensitivity input and can not get to much dirt out of it. Is there pedals that work very well with 5e3 circuit? Any suggestion? i'm looking for some break up at slightly lower amp volume.
  6. hpharley90

FS Suhr PT15

https://www.ups.com/track?tracknum=1Z7E07304200029816 it will ship today Eric thank you 1Z7E07304200029816
  7. hpharley90

FS Suhr PT15

Bump
  8. hpharley90

Hendrix - Foxy Lady (cover)

I just heard this on radio this morning. Much better than I can do...
  9. hpharley90

Left 5e3 on overnight

I love the amp . I bought complete kit from mojotone and studied instructions before hand. I was in no rush. Took me a few hours to put together but when I fired it there was no smoke or smells. Been working great ever since. Over 2 years now. I did look at alot of pictures of other builds and...
  10. hpharley90

FS Suhr PT15

Bump
  11. hpharley90

Left 5e3 on overnight

I try not to keep on when I'm not using because it gets so hot. Area around power switch and lamp get so hot you can't touch after a while.
  12. hpharley90

Left 5e3 on overnight

Ok cathode bias. No adjustment. I Thought no adjustment was fixed bias. My marshall 2204 had a bias potentiometer to adjust.
  13. hpharley90

Left 5e3 on overnight

It's fixed bias I think.
  14. hpharley90

Left 5e3 on overnight

I took out the Tube Amp doctor 6v6 tubes and replaced with JJ. It still had loud hum . So I replaced both 12ax7 and 12ay7 tubes and that was the ticket. Quite like it used to be. And It sounds better too! I don't know what preamp tube stopped hum but I don't care.
  15. hpharley90

Left 5e3 on overnight

I have another pair. I will try that.
Top Bottom