• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Recent content by Jack DeVille

1. J

Russian Pedals are the Best

Low quality post; not even funny. 1/10
  2. J

Analog chorus with true bypass, no tone suck, possibly analog dry-through?

Theres no "extra" money. The unit is just expensive.
  3. J

What pedals use the FV-1 chip ?

Right. The parallel I like to draw is the calculator parallel. Any processor can be analogous to a calculator (massively simplified comparison); however, it is the operator (programmer) who determines what the output of the buttons pressed is/are.
  4. J

You can pull WAY more than three control parameters out of an FV-1. Trust me. Or don't. I have.
  5. J

Analog chorus with true bypass, no tone suck, possibly analog dry-through?

Videos do not lie; it actually sound better in real life. "Flat response" was a major part of design goal, although I prefer to think of it as "natural" or "organic" sounding (for those who like buzz-words). :) Cheap it is not. :( I am equally bummed here, but it is not "cheap" to achieve what...
  6. J

The FV-1 is a fantastic DSP "system on a chip" but please do not fall into the camp of believing that all circuits using an FV-1 are the same. At the end of the day, it is a "calculator" figuratively speaking, and to draw the parallel that all audio circuits using the FV-1 are the same is akin...
  7. J

New Voodoo from Mr. Black

Production model. Sorry for any confusion. :) I will build these units as long as I am able to. They are exceptional.
  8. J

All this talk about "reverse reverb" had me thinking...

Does reverse work for other effect processes too? E.g. "Reverse Chorus" "Reverse Distortion" etc.
  9. J

Black Friday 2020

I don't really have any choice. I am honest and will do nearly ANYTHING to avoid returning to automotive (my only other skill/trade).
  10. J

Black Friday 2020

I think I mentioned it earlier, but to reiterate: we will not be doing any Mr. Black Friday specials this year. In years past, it has been a way for say thanks for a killer year and offer HEAVY discounts. Of course, some people will take advantage of a good thing, but this year, the corporation...
  11. J

Who will refuse to watch "The Pedal Movie" on principle alone?

Erry body got something to say, nobody got time/resources/drive to do it. I just do not understand resistance. Don't like it? Do it better. :) Its worked for me in my life.
  12. J

Black Friday 2020

As of March 20, 2020, my goal was simple: do not go out of business this year. I think that is reasonable, but also somewhat challenging. To compound the scene: I don't beleive things will magically change January 1, 2021. :(
  13. J

New Voodoo from Mr. Black

I don't see any competition with this pedal.
  14. J

Who will refuse to watch "The Pedal Movie" on principle alone?

I just hope my hair looks as good as I intended it to.