• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by jaystrings

1. J

CP Thornton 10th Anniversary

That baby is mine! I submitted this response earlier, but it's not showing up. I was at Chuck's 10th Anniversary model party a few weeks ago to pick this beauty up. 33 attended. Mine is #1 of a Limited Edition of 10. So far, 8 have sold - only 2 to go. Chuck took guitar quality to a...
  2. J

Demo Video - CP Thornton, Redplate, DR. Z, DRRI content

Great stuff. I keep my banana pudding CpT 6 feet behind my laptop just so I can see it all day long. What a fantastic instrument. And you are so right about Chuck being a nice guy. I'm going to pick up my new 10th Anniversary big jazzbox model from him in September. That sonofagun has been...
  3. J

New Cp Thornton arrival

Yep, I love the color of this Classic so much that I'm going to move some idle stuff & order a hard tail HTL in this same aged yellowish look. Did you go with a HTL or Classic in your latest order & which blue did you decide on? If HTL, did you go with hard tail or whammy?
  4. J

New Cp Thornton arrival

Thanks. I've taken about a dozen pictures of it so far, but not one has captured the rich creamy look thru the glossy finish. A friend has suggested that I get out my more expensive camera, use a tripod, then snap some shots on a cloudy day using a variety of manual settings instead of holding...
  5. J

New Cp Thornton arrival

Yes, Chuck went to set necks a couple of years ago and it's standard now unless negotiated otherwise. I've had both; my first Classic was bolt on. But after comparing my bolt on vs a set neck with a digital timer, I ran 50 alternating A/B trials, attempting to strike the high E string with the...
  6. J

New Cp Thornton arrival

Woah!! You have a FAR better reason to order one right now than I do. Now let me give you one more: Having already been there, turning 60 is a major milestone. It's the new middle age. It's also the time to celebrate something HUGE that you will begin to notice at work, home, neighborhood...
  7. J

New Cp Thornton arrival

Thanks. I don't need any more, either; however, I'm so taken with this banana pudding color in the gloss finish that I can only think of getting a hard tail HTL for a "twin" next year. Wouldn't that be awesome? We all need to consider ONE important thing: thanks to a lot of recent...
  8. J

New Cp Thornton arrival

New CpT Classic #376 arrived a few days ago. Typical Chuck craftsmanship, only difference is this one is the REAL beauty in the collection. I chose this glossy rendition of the early 60's Fender color: vintage cream. I have named this color "Banana Pudding" because Chuck already had a vintage...
  9. J

NGD- Suhr Set Neck!

Wow!! I've never played one, but that looks like a winner to me. Big congrats & glad you really like it. THAT's the important thing. Jay
  10. J

CP Thornton Professional: Order Placed

Bob, first of all, congrats on the first step of a journey that is life-changing. I also want to say also AMEN to your builder choice, Chuck Thornton. I've talked with many at guitar shows & by phone, but the mesh with Chuck has lasted almost 7 years now & is better than ever. He is not only a...
  11. J

CpT #0001

12. J

CpT #0001

Would love to see a pic of that Gibson L6. Can you re-post or is it already on here where I could check it out? I love the Gibby L5; L6 boxes.
  13. J

Beautiful Thornton Improv (semi-hollow) Pics, Review

I agree it is amazing that he hasn't formally announced the particulars yet & already has 4 spoken for. And I know at least one person who already has plans to order one & is moving money around accordingly. Thinking back to the intro of the Improv, not one of us had a clue about what it would...
  14. J

The Tone Quest Is Over... CP Thornton & Little Walter Tube Amps

I would hate, hate, hate to choose between the Rambler & the FDR. If it ever came to it, I'd have to hang onto the FDR. Like you, there are few things in life as satisfying as a FDR. It is my favorite Fender model.
  15. J

Beautiful Thornton Improv (semi-hollow) Pics, Review

Yep, a full=blown archtop is something that is at the top of my "final" list. I have owned 2 D'Angelicos, 2 Ibanez, & one Heritage but moved them after they left me unsatisfied. As you said, I have NO doubt Chuck will make this new model to be amazing. And the playability of the neck at the...
Top Bottom