• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recent content by jdandry

1. J

I need a guts shot of bottom amp in a Premier 88N

I'm looking for a guts shot of the bottom amp section in a Premier 88N. Thanks for any help!
  2. J

Need a Premier 88N schematic

I'm looking for a schematic for a Premier 88N. I can find the model 88..but it is a bit different than the 88N. Thanks in advance!
  3. J

The Pigtronix Quantum Time Modulator is fabulous!

I've been through alot of chorus pedals. Just wanted to give big props to Pigtronix. The Quantum Time Modulator is awesome! Tons of tones, slight color to full out crazy modulating chorus. Anyone else finding chorus bliss with the Quantum?
  4. J

The Pete Cornish Thread Mark VI

I just sold My SS-3/G-2 Duplex a couple weeks ago. I've had it for maybe 7 years. I started using the SS-3 less and less. I loved the G-2...and with the right amp the SS-3 is very good, just really amp picky. After doing some research, I decided to replace the G-2 with a Buffalo FX Evolution...
  5. J

preamp topology- will this work?

I'm starting with a 18wattish PI/power amp. What I'm looking to do is have a single input, feeding a 12ax7 and a EF86 (internal grid link) then run the two tubes into separate volume controls and a single tone. The goal is to be able to mix the two preamps via volume controls. Would a 5E3...
  6. J

bJFe model D

I guess so, not real versed on Dumble tones. Listened to SRV, Mayer..has that tone. Bjorn mentions David Lindley's tone as a reference he used. What kind of Dumble did he use? Just looked it up. He used a Steel Sting Singer, so I guess that is the sound of the Model D.
  7. J

Rivera amp repair help

the 18v is a Rivera thing. They have a weird +18v/-18vdc heater wiring. Look at a Rivera R series schematic.
  8. J

Help with Magnatone 262 vibrato

figured it out, looks like someone rewired the heaters for 12au7 instead on 6CG7. Guess i'll leave it. sounds good.
  9. J

Help with Magnatone 262 vibrato

ok, so crazy thing... when I got the amp it had a 12AU7 and a 12AT7 in the 6CG7 spots. I bought NOS 6CG7s... Just now i tried replacing the new 6CG7s with the 12AU7 and 12AT7 that came in the amp and....channel and vibe works...WTF?
  10. J

How to wire a Treble cap "Shift" switch

Looking to switch in a Pf cap across the treble cap in my tone stack ala Boogie's "shift". Any way to do it without a LDR and not pop when switched in and out? Thanks
  11. J

Getting 9-10v off the cathodes to use to power a Germ pre

I wanna add basically a treble boost pedal into the front end of my amp. Right in between the input and the 1st 12ax7. My big issue was how to power it. I was advised that taking the voltage off the cathode bias, which in my case is 10v. Should be just about right. I was also told I may need to...
  12. J

vintage mxr line driver/ noise gate question

Will this pedal take 12v or 18v..it seems to dull the sound when in line instead of drive it. The line driver is supposed to be always on. Any good mods? Pete Cornish told me that the vintage Line Driver is excellent.. but i don't hear it.Maybe mine is a lemon?
  13. J

help with boss pedal issue CS-2

My Boss CS-2 has a slight lag when you turn it on. Almost seems to cut the signal for just a slight amount of time before it kicks in. Any suggestions?
  14. J

vintage MXR Noise Gate Line driver questions

What are the functions of this pedal besides the noise gate feature. When bypassed, is there a buffer always on hence line driver or is the line driver function just the parallel XLR jack on the output? Thanks!