Recent content by Jeff Scott

1. Jeff Scott

Any Rickenbacker Love?

Hipshop Ultralites on my old '67 4005WB made it balance perfectly. :aok Nice geetars, there. I used to have a '03 660/12 (MG), '07 660 (75th Anniversary-DCM), '98 360V64 (FG), and a '67 330 (FG), among other Rick guitars (and many basses).
  2. Jeff Scott

The most finely crafted acoustic guitars

Yamamotos use Cumpianos' neckbolt-on method.
  3. Jeff Scott

The most finely crafted acoustic guitars

I think Tony's timing was perfect as to his retiring, just before Covid hit. I have a MS-12 which has the same body as your baritone. Such an amazing tone from a 12-string guitar. :) A year after buying it used I bought a brand new Talus VS-12 from Tony. Both are amazing instruments. :aok
  4. Jeff Scott

Thinking about going back to flatwounds again.

TI Jazz Flats on an AV '62 Jazz Bass.
  5. Jeff Scott

Best Bass Combo Amp

You could have dusted it off before posting that photo, ya know? ;)
  6. Jeff Scott

Best Bass Combo Amp

I haven't met a Rumble I liked, either. :) :aok
  7. Jeff Scott

Best Bass Combo Amp

The best is whatever I use, for many years now it has been a Markbass Minimark. Hope this helps. ;)
  8. Jeff Scott

Guitar suggestions for 30-day camping at the beach

I have always felt the Minis to be overpriced by a couple hundred $$$ for what they are. I have played quite a few, and the bass, but never bought one for that reason.
  9. Jeff Scott

What Is The Best Acoustic Bridge?

The bridge on my Martin. :aok https://www.12fret.com/wp-content/gallery/martin_csn_tolman_2007_cons/Martin_CSN_Tolman_2007_cons_bridge_1.jpg
  10. Jeff Scott

Tuning to Offset Guitar(s)

To paraphrase: "Use the Ears, Luke!" ;)
  11. Jeff Scott

Paganini on classical guitar

I'll get started on that right away! EDIT: spelling
  12. Jeff Scott

Zero fret (open string) buzzing

It is possible for only one or two areas of one fret to be high, especially on brand new factory-made instruments. Have you had your tech check for any high frets and level them to take care of any such issues?
  13. Jeff Scott

Zero fret (open string) buzzing

First fret of the B is high.
  14. Jeff Scott

Capacitors for Bass Guitars: which capacitors are the best for bass guitars?

Try them both and decide which you like the best. ;)
Top Bottom