• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by jfwund

1. jfwund

BOSS KATANA 刀 amplifiers

Just got a Mk II 100 watt Katana combo today. Sounds decent for a SS practice amp. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do here to figure out how to get the most out of it...
  2. jfwund

Anybody have a tiny guitar room?

OP here. While I appreciate the interest in/concern for my living situation, I'm happy with the situation. Current house was built in 1870, has 1.5 baths, and a parlor room downstairs that we have the piano and my guitar stuff in. New house is bigger, laid out in a more modern way (i.e. more...
  3. jfwund

Anybody have a tiny guitar room?

As in the room is tiny, not the guitars :bonk We're going to be moving to a new house, which is bigger and nicer than our current house, but I'm losing the music room. Piano will go in the living room, and I will be getting a downstairs closet - seriously - for the guitars. It's fine, I'm cool...
  4. jfwund

Show Your Pedalboard: 2020

First post in a while...
  5. jfwund

Spaceman Secret Mission VIII / Gemini IV

Just messing around at low(ish) volume and was impressed by the way that the pedal can clean up with humbuckers. Recorded this in one take with my phone, so it's messy and sound quality is meh, but I think it gets across the range of cleanup available. At the end I step up the volume from 3 to...
  6. jfwund

Got a little time to crank up the amp a bit and try out the pedal. This is definitely a unique fuzz with a whole bunch of usable sounds - can get a "splatty" or even "crumbly" top end on it. Difficult to smooth out - I might still need to get a muff-type pedal for that - but I've found a few...
  7. jfwund

Frustrating. I ordered one from a dealer, got the confirmation, but noticed today that they hadn't charged me for it yet. Called and found out that they sold it elsewhere and my confirmation email was automatically generated. Fortunately Spaceman still has some stock - there's one less silver...
  8. jfwund

I have to admit, I'm really tempted by this. My only experience with Spaceman is with the Nebula, which I had to sell on but which was a really great pedal. A question for those who've tried the Gemini (III or IV): how would this compare to a Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe? Can it get more of a...
  9. jfwund

The maj7 chord in Rock (other than The Dan)?

prominent Cmaj7 in "I Alone" off of Live's Throwing Copper album...
  10. jfwund

Vendor Spiral Electric FX, What's The Haps?

Got my Black pedal yesterday, and only had a few minutes to play with it. First impressions are very positive. Plenty of good sounds to be had, and the pedal can get out of control pretty quickly if you're into that sort of thing. It seems like it can go from a mild crunch to fuzzed out roar and...
  11. jfwund

Lovepedal Hermida SNS Appreciation Thread Part Deux--The Ham Sammich Lives!

Got my shipping notice for the OD11 and BM Zen! Looking forward to A/B'ing the OD11 and my big-box Amp11. I also snagged a Black Rose Fuzz from Rose Pedals, and got the shipping notice just a few hours before getting the Lovepedal email. Going to be a fun weekend. Now if only the custom board...
  12. jfwund

thanks! Managed to snag the black pedal. Can't wait to give it a try!!
  13. jfwund

I just checked and none there. Must have been too slow? Edit: whoops - just saw Tom's post. Sorry. Fingers crossed I can snag one!
  14. jfwund

Lovepedal Hermida SNS Appreciation Thread Part Deux--The Ham Sammich Lives!

Welp. Couldn't say no to a $50 Black Magic Zen or the $50 OD11. Love the OD11 side on my Amp11, so if the smaller form factor of the OD11 works the same, I'll be happy about that. Looking forward to trying the Zen - the black and the white are the only variations at this point that I haven't...
Top Bottom