• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by JimLamme

1. J

Where to get Push-push bypass switch (like used in Tyler guitars)

That's an idea. I might just consider it. But I'll probably want to use a push-push pot of the same value as the mid-boost pot to replace it. So that one pot will activate it as well as adjust the level.
  2. J

Great thanks. That looks like it. Although I thought I remembered the Tyler button as straight and not tapered. It'll do, maybe just not replicate the exact look.
  3. J

Hey guys, I've got a Tyler and really want to install a mid boost with the bypass. Bought it used and didn't exactly have the luxury of choice to wait around for one with a midboost (Tylers are pretty rare in my corner of the world). But having owned a burning water with a midboost before, I...
  4. J

Push-push bypass switch (for Tyler guitars)

Anyone can help with where to get it? Thks.
  5. J

Push-push bypass switch (for Tyler guitars)

Hey guys, I've got a Tyler and really want to install a mid boost with the bypass. Bought it used and didn't exactly have the luxury of choice to wait around for one with a midboost (Tylers are pretty rare in my corner of the world). But having owned a burning water with a midboost before, I...
  6. J

Is this Dr Z Maz18 JR tube dead?

Quick update. Changed a new set of tubes over the holiday season. Amp sounds killer again with luscious sweet sweet tones! Happy new year 2019! Cheers.
  7. J

Hey Mike, Thanks for taking the time to respond. Ok I understand now. I have sound so that means the 12AX7LPS is ok. But that perhaps I should change out V2 tube for sound quality issues. But played with it over the weekend and it seemed fine. Hopefully it stays that way. Yeah kinda left the...
  8. J

Hey guys, I seem to be having some issues with my Maz 18 JR NR. Sometimes the amp doesn't sound while other times it sounds muddy with little high end sparkle. I looked at the tubes (I believe its a 12AX7 LPS) and one of them does not seem to be glowing as brightly as the other. I suspect it...
  9. J

Best Volume Pot for rolling off drive

Have to agree with this. A linear pot rolls of volume more gradually and make the full range more "usable". The audio (a.k.a. Log) pot is good for rolling off volume more quickly and hence distorted tones get cleaner sooner as well. If I remember correctly, most les pauls already use linear...
  10. J

Reverend Bayonet FM

Heard some clips and it sounded killer. But frankly with all the distortion and it being on youtube it might as well have been a strat through some pedals and I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. Would anyone who tried it say that in terms of tone it is distinctly different from a...
  11. J

Reverend Bayonet FM

Hey guys, Thinking of getting a Reverend Bayonet FM and replace my edwards les paul with it. Just seems more ergonomic than a les paul type guitar. Anyone tried the bayonet FM yet? How does the fixed bridge model compare in tone to a Les Paul? And is the FM a real maple top or is it one of...
  12. J

Best spot for a battery box? (Strat)

Why not try using a battery clip under the pickguard? Its non-invasive and just much less work. Will that fit?
  13. J

Pickup, resistance & temperature.

Hi folks, I ordered a set of strat pickups and it came out with a higher resistance than I specified. For example I spec-ed a 6.2k neck but it came out 6.4k. But I also understand that warmer temperatures make the pickup measure higher in resistance and lower temperatures make it measure lower...
  14. J

swamp ash vs alder

I have an ash/maple and an alder/rosewood strat. The ash maple is fatter and has more of a growl with distortion. Weird huh? The ash maple strat is lighter so I suspect part of the tone and resonance is maybe more due to the weight of the body than the type of wood. But that defies conventional...
  15. J

Tele tone vs Strat tone!

How about putting a tele bridge pup with some sort of baseplate in a strat pickguard? Will that get the tele tone?
Top Bottom