• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by joe*w

1. joe*w

Warpaint - similar bands?

I’ve been into warpaint recently. I love their sound. Does anyone have recommendations for other bands that have a similar sound? More in regards to their guitars. Can be male or female vocals.
  2. joe*w

TC Electronic Nova Delay is the best...

You probably noticed this, but make sure to calibrate it. Makes a big difference. The Nova Delay is has a great layout and time division selection. It’s one of my favorite delays for sure.
  3. joe*w

Ambient reverb

To me a bloom is a slow rising reverb like the bloom on Strymon Big Sky, Alexander Sky Fi, OBNE dark star and procession. I like to place it first in my chain and set the mix to 100%. I keep my normal stereo delay and reverb at the end of the chain. I kick on the first reverb anytime I want a...
  4. joe*w

Ambient reverb

Does the astronaut have a bloom style reverb. Different than auto swell.
  5. joe*w

What pedals have you bought in 2020?

C’mon...I’m trying to be responsible here.
  6. joe*w

Ambient reverb

I have these - Neunaber Stereo Wet Great for subtle short to medium trails to sit under your playing. Kind of a one trick pony, but really good at it. - Strymon BigSky Great verb that can do tons of stuff. I use it for medium subtle halls mostly. But also when I want a more obvious verb...
  7. joe*w

What pedals have you bought in 2020?

So far... El Capistan Keeley Compressor Cusack Screamer v2 Walrus Audio Slo (arriving tomorrow) I can’t keep this pace. I’m running outta money.
  8. joe*w

Reverb with no attack at 100%

The difference between most swell or slowverb functions and what I’m looking for is the ability to arpeggiate through chords and never hear an attack. Most swell functions I’ve tried have a feature where an initial attack ducks the dry signal and swells in a verb. If you pluck the strings too...
  9. joe*w

I saw that, lol. That’s what got me thinking again.
  10. joe*w

Thought I’d resurrect this post to see if anything new has come out. I’ve tried the OBNE Procession and the Alexander Sky Fi. I prefer the Sky Fi, but would like more control over the rise speed and the decay. Any thoughts? I’m wanting to put this near the beginning of my chain. Then use my...
  11. joe*w

Pedals all sound the same

Thanks for all these suggestions! I am really digging the Shallow Water and it’s random glitches. That’s the sound I was after when I was looking at chorus and tremolo. It reminds me of the warble you can get on the decays of the El Capistan.
  12. joe*w

Yeah, I’ve looked more into the Shallow Water. That looks cool. I really like how the modulation is random.
  13. joe*w

What’s your favorite pedal that does something new/different? (Doesn’t have to be chorus or tremolo) I’ve been researching CHORUS and TREMOLO pedals. There are a few brands doing some crazy/cool stuff, but so many all do the same thing and sound the same to me. Might just be my untrained ears...
  14. joe*w

P&W Players: what’s your delay/Reverb of choice?

Boss DD500, Strymon BigSky, Neumann Wet. I have an El Capistan on the way
Top Bottom