• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Recent content by JoeInOttawa

1. JoeInOttawa

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

Are you channeling @JiveTurkey ? :)
  2. JoeInOttawa

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

Agile is the enemy of anyone subject to SEC regulation, because Agile wants to be completely transparent, but that can run you afoul of the SEC's rules about disclosure and failure to execute. Plus. "Agile" is from the Latin for "Love to help you but not in the current sprint, which just...
  3. JoeInOttawa

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

For only slightly more real estate, you could get an Atomic AA6. The AmpliFirebox is cool too, but a bit esoteric in the way it works.
  4. JoeInOttawa

Small Modeling amp with line out for PA

The right tool for the job is the right tool for the job. I was just saying don't be put off by having more pwer than you're gonna need if the amp is otherwise, well, you know, the right tool for the job. :)
  5. JoeInOttawa

Small Modeling amp with line out for PA

That's the thing about modelers: They are much more likely to sound good at low volumes, regardless of their maximum capabilities. So a 50-watt combo should serve you just as well as a 10. Make your choice based on tone and portability as per your OP, take the extra watts as a bonus.
  6. JoeInOttawa

The future of Variax?

Because of the number of controls on a full Variax system, they would have scale it back to make it a kit. If people were willing to accept, let's say, a rotary dial to select between, let's say, 16 programmable presets, that could be doable, but two knobs, a 5-way switch, a toggle, and a pair...
  7. JoeInOttawa

The future of Variax?

There was a guitar modeling system out of Italy last year -- name escapes me. Does anyone know if it was any good? Or even remember the name? I'm not giving up my FrankenVax, nor am I giving up hope on a Yamaha VaxStar, but, in the mean time, I AM curious.
  8. JoeInOttawa

Is this a di*k move? Guitar loan related.... Update/Conclusion

I won't read all six pages of comments, but I will suggest this: Ask your nephew, "I was thinking about that Strat the other day. Do you still play it, or is it time for it to come home?"
  9. JoeInOttawa

The future of Variax?

I still have a frankensteined Vax-300 that I heavily customized (3/8" flame bent maple top/binding and a 700 neck). Love it. Bought a new Standard as a replacement, returned it two days later. My FrankenVax was a far better guitar,and tracked tunings much more quickly. To this day, I'm sure I...
  10. JoeInOttawa

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

I love that you have owned this several times. Hoping people lay off you now.
  11. JoeInOttawa

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

Well, he did say, "Sell all your gear and non-essential internal organs and get one," so... :munch
  12. JoeInOttawa

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

You don't either. You CHOOSE to. ;)
  13. JoeInOttawa

FX-200 vs Kemper Cone: Any Thoughts?

Has anyone tried both of these? Are they the same? I had thought so originally, but I've heard that maybe not. So I'm interested in whether or not they're the same and if not, how they differ sonically. Thoughts?
  14. JoeInOttawa

Got my Telecaster shimmed, not happy with the result.

...or to buy shorter screws. (EDIT: I see someone beat me to that one. I also see it's not the issue...)
  15. JoeInOttawa

I’ve owned and gigged them all Fractal is the best.

AFX is amazing, no doubt. But if you want to play instead of tweak, try the one you didn't mention: Atomic. Because it's been a while since I posted anything, and I figured, go big or go home. But, in all seriousness, Atomic rocks!