Recent content by Johnny Moondog

1. Johnny Moondog

Two of the same OCD sound way different.

I had the same experience with the one I bought during that time period. Got it new / direct from Fulltone. Muddy , dull , uninspiring - even with the treble cranked. Disappointing for sure. I ended up using an EHX Glove, which also cost me 50% less than the OCD.
  2. Johnny Moondog

Former Fuzz Haters: What Fuzz Changed Your Mind?

Years ago, I remember trying all sorts of distortion, overdrive, etc. I could never get that sound out of my head and into my amp. Then my brother says "try this" and gives me a Black Russian Muff, in a wooden box. It was like a crack in the ground had opened up, and pure heat was pouring out...
  3. Johnny Moondog

If you could only keep one Lovepedal

I had a half dozen Lovepedals in the past few years. But the one I liked best was the Monkey Fist Fuzz.
  4. Johnny Moondog

Chorus… Genuinely useful or just genuine nostalgia?

I own 18 Chorus pedals ( used to be more ). It's an essential item for me, both for nostalgia and creativity. I second the recommendation of the Seymour Duncan Catalina. It really is a cut above the crowd.
  5. Johnny Moondog

Let's see your single row pedalboards...

Hmm..I may use that idea. Set up a Nano Max with modulations, delay, & reverb. Then, use a Nano as an ever changing OD & Fuzz section, to be added at the front.
  6. Johnny Moondog

Let's see your single row pedalboards...

I configured many multi row pedalboards, and had the layout & wiring headaches to go with them. Then I tried a single row Pedlatrain Nano Max. I have three of them now, and will probably never go back to the multi row boards.
  7. Johnny Moondog

Why do I own all these guitars??

Heck, I have probably misplaced more guitars than that.
  8. Johnny Moondog

Lessons Learned: 2021 Edition

1. "Trying" to make cool gear work for you, is a waste of time/distraction. Use whatever sounds good to you. 2. I own a lot of guitars ("need to have one of everything"). Yet I grab my old, worn in Tele nearly every time. 3. I was routinely underwhelmed by overdrives, until I cranked up the...
  9. Johnny Moondog

The 'Spend a $1000 (a Day?!?) on Pedals by 2022' Challenge

Probably. Appliances these days are way too high tech. I remember the simpler times...
  10. Johnny Moondog

The 'Spend a $1000 (a Day?!?) on Pedals by 2022' Challenge

Can't - got to buy a new washing machine. Dammit...:(
  11. Johnny Moondog

Let’s see your battery powered pedalboard

Did this recently. Quiet & simple.
  12. Johnny Moondog

If you had to limit yourself to a 3 pedal board

Made this one recently, just to get a certain sound I was after.
Top Bottom