Recent content by JonnyAlright

1. JonnyAlright

New Original Recordings

Recorded at Fret Sounds in Graham, NC. More songs and an LP to come. Really stoked about the guitar tones we got. Ranges from a gritty growl to a wobbling leslie. http://soundcloud.com/jonnyalright http://soundcloud.com/jonnyalright/cat-eyes...
  2. JonnyAlright

Starting Retro/Indie Rock Band (NC)

Still looking for bassist and drummer.
  3. JonnyAlright

Still looking for bassist and drummer.
  4. JonnyAlright

I'm looking for a bassist and drummer.
  5. JonnyAlright

I am looking to start a band. I have 9 songs demoed (hosted on soundcloud) and 10 more songs written that are not recorded currently. These songs are to give you an idea of the type of musicians I'm looking for. I don't really like that they are online (they were originally intended for my own...
  6. JonnyAlright

I am looking to start a band. I have 9 songs demoed (hosted on soundcloud) and 10 more songs written that are not recorded currently. These songs are to give you an idea of the type of musicians I'm looking for. I don't really like that they are online (they were originally intended for my own...
  7. JonnyAlright

Live vocal through guitar pedal.

I've seen this before. Even at it's lowest gain it still seems to effect the vocal quite a bit and I'm worried about feedback through the monitor. I'd like to try one out but there isn't a music shop around that carries it. Anyone have experience using guitar pedals and a microphone?
  8. JonnyAlright

I'd like to be able to just walk up and use whatever mic is already onstage, plus being able to control the amount of gain would be nice. Sometimes I may want a little more or less...
  9. JonnyAlright

I'm on a budget and trying to get a little dirt into my live vocal sound. Talked to an engineer the other day who said a friend of his used the Boss Deluxe Reverb pedal and it sounded killer. I don't care as much about the reverb because usually that and delays are attached to a FOH...
  10. JonnyAlright

Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band

There's an amazing documentary on the Captain I just saw called 'The Artist Formerly Known as Captain Beefheart'. Love how creative he was. It's extremely inspirational. dBa8bS_vZkM
  11. JonnyAlright

New MUSIC FESTIVAL. Anyone put one on before?

September this year. It will be at the tail end. I have worked Lollapalooza before. The event is going to be mostly local and closeby regional acts so I think that this can be done. I've got connections and help with the sound/lighting, beer distributors, and photography/web design...
  12. JonnyAlright

Ha, great plan! Thanks everyone for the thoughts... I do plan on having a good amount of security, hadn't thought much on bathrooms but that should have been an obvious. Working to get sponsors and whatnot, but I will probably have to figure out how to front some money. Hope this can work!
  13. JonnyAlright

I've been wanting to put on a music festival in Greensboro, NC for quite some time, but my schedule has been so inconsistent for years touring with a band that it was never feasible. I'm no longer playing with any bands and so now I want to give it a shot. I've got figures for renting the...
Top Bottom