Recent content by jrockbridge

1. jrockbridge

Why didn’t EVH make more music?

True. That’s certainly another significant difference between the two. I’m not sure how it plays into the points about being a prolific songwriter and recording entire songs but I can make a guess, I suppose. I think Ed was more about family in the end. I’m not sure he had the same level of...
  2. jrockbridge

True. Buckethead has been extremely prolific in recording. And, he's a monster player, with mad, fast chops and a wide interest in a variety of styles, including some slow, thoughtful compositions. But, much of his recording of his material is do-it-yourself production value. With EVH...
  3. jrockbridge

No argument, just a discussion on a guitar forum. Calling it trolling is lazy. I'm pretty sure EVH could play the drums but probably not that well. In fact, I recall reading long ago that Ed bought a drum set with paper route money when he was a kid. While Ed was out doing the paper route...
  4. jrockbridge

... EVH vs Prince Ed was a multi-instrumentalist and riff composer. Prince was a vocalist, multi-instrumentalist extraordinaire, arranger, lyricist, composer and prolific song writer. It's a bit of an apple vs orange comparison. Ed was the better guitarist. Prince was better on every...
  5. jrockbridge

Wolfie and Alex are on it.... https://www.vhnd.com/2020/10/09/wolfgang-and-alex-van-halen-to-search-5150-vaults-for-possible-future-releases/
  6. jrockbridge

i I’m sure EVH recorded plenty of stuff that we’ve never heard. Maybe, none of it is complete. Perhaps, there are only fragments of ideas. Still, I’ll bet some of it could be turned into something that sounds finished. It would take a lot of work for somebody to listen to hours of...
  7. jrockbridge

According to Reverb, the 100 Watts Heads/Amps should be obsoleted; how do you feel about that?

With the reactive load options available today, I think 100 watt amps are more relevant. For example, the Freyette PS-100 Power Station can tame a loud 100 watt amp to any volume level you desire or boost your little 10 watt amp up to the 100 watt level. Progress.
  8. jrockbridge

Getting disillusioned and burned out with pedals

All who seek become disillusioned until they find the one. One pedal to rule them, One pedal to find them, One pedal to bring them all, and in TGP bind them.
  9. jrockbridge

Unconventional Use of Effects

My son says the dogs have now joined in on the fun. They bark at the feedback made by the bird. Then, they bark at the echoes of their barking. Lol!
  10. jrockbridge

He does not dance. He hops. I’m at work and my son is home. My son says that the bird has figured out that if he screeches loud, right into the microphone, it feeds back and he gets a bunch of repeats. The delay is set to zero feedback, or no repeats. But, of course, when you have a mic with a...
  11. jrockbridge

I’m allergic to cats. And, when my son got three Robo hamsters, I found out I’m even more allergic to those rodents. I had to start using an asthma inhaler. I don’t have asthma. Fortunately, Robo’s have a short life span. They are long dead and gone now. My inhaler is gone as well, no longer...
  12. jrockbridge

This is a long story. So, I’ll bold the most important parts, including punchline, for the TLDR crowd and you can scroll down to what’s in bold. Hopefully, the longer version is entertaining enough for those who bother to read the full thing. The pedal is a Zoom MS50G. The full chain is...
  13. jrockbridge

What is your main overdrive pedal? (2020 Edition)

It depends on the amp I’m using. AM KOT PC Timmy Klon KTR MP Sweet Honey
  14. jrockbridge

I don’t get pedals. What’s the big deal?

I don’t get players who only plug straight into amps. If you have multiple channels, and built in effects, or a modern digital amp then sure, you can get plenty of variety. I could live with that kinda setup. What do you do when you are stuck in a rut because you are bored with your amp only...