Recent content by jruano

1. jruano

Customs bringing a guitar from Europe

Sorry, Netherlands
  2. jruano

Customs bringing a guitar from Europe

Anyone has purchased something recently, how bad was customs?
  3. jruano

Acoustic advice - Fingerpicking guitar (and method?)

It's an awesome guitar for the money I paid for it. That said, I did upgrade later on in the thread. Oh boy...
  4. jruano

Love a helpful response. I know, and I said so. Just looking for something to inspire. It's worked fine for me so far, thanks.
  5. jruano

Keep working at this and I’m having a lot of fun. Making strides and it’s so rewarding, like those huge leaps you take when you first start out playing. I digress... came across a 00-28 and what a difference the 1”3/4 nut makes!... bought it on the spot. I know, you guys warned me, can’t say you...
  6. jruano

I have been following some tutorials online and such as a starter, and it's a lot of fun actually. Any particular methods you guys would like to recommend for a more organized approach or just keep going with whatever I come across?. Thanks.
  7. jruano

Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to try it out!
  8. jruano

Ok, found a deal I thought was too good to pass up and ended getting a Eastman E10ooss/v. So I didn't follow a lot of the advice here with regards to nut width and such and went with the assumption that I'd struggle with a wider fretboard and my short fingers. I have only have it for a short...
  9. jruano

You're right, didn't mention a budget, but I'd like to stay around $2k or so if I can. Small hands, yes, so maybe 1 11/16ths is not out of the question really.
  10. jruano

Of course, of course... splitting hairs here. It’s TGP after all :-D . I could easily just use the J45, just looking for some inspiration/motivation here.
  11. jruano

So those Eastman at 1 11/16 (43mm) would be narrow, but Gibson 1.725” (43.81mm) starts being ok, with 1 3/4 (44.45mm) being the ideal for the application. Am I starting to understand all this?
  12. jruano

Thanks man, I thought that might be narrow too. How about that plethora of new Gibson l-00s there are?... they list the nut width as 1.72”, 1.73”...

Trending Topics