Recent content by jsboswell

1. jsboswell

Elusive perfect strap

Brookwood
  2. jsboswell

RIP Mark Lacey

Wow... what a loss. I had the privilege of talking with him a few times when I had delusions of commissioning a high-end acoustic archtop. A very gentle soul, and a true artisan.
  3. jsboswell

Has the used market started to cool down?

I practice medicine, not economics. Filter everything I'm about to say through that prism. Debating the definition of a recession is rather like debating the definition of shock. All that matters in shock is the effect on the end organs (kidneys, liver, etc.). I'd suggest that recession should...
  4. jsboswell

BTPA | New Time-Lapse Video + Blog Post

Always nice to see the pros at work! I've picked up a lot of useful info watching you guys work. Would love to see a non-time-lapsed video someday featuring all the little tips and tricks that go into rig building. Thanks for sharing this.
  5. jsboswell

Neunaber Audio ILLUMINE

My Illumine arrives Monday! Unfortunately, I'm out of town for a week starting tomorrow. At least I'll have something special awaiting my return...
  6. jsboswell

Tremolo and Chorus suggestions

I'd go: AnalogMan Chorus Origin Effects Deluxe '61
  7. jsboswell

Local article on K-Line guitars

Great story about a fantastic builder and person. Thanks for sharing.
  8. jsboswell

Should I just go for a Grace Alix or Bix?

Another EXTREMELY pleased Alix owner here! Top shelf acoustic preamp.
  9. jsboswell

Does anyone make this guitar?

I ordered through a dealer many states away. Had some conversations with Juhn Suhr (he is @Husky on TGP) in advance of the build, and the neck he recommended was exactly what I was after.
  10. jsboswell

It is more than a regular production model, but not much so. It doesn't look like your specs are all that radical (i.e. expensive). Definitely worth investigating, and the finished product will be phenomenal. Here's a picture of mine for reference. I was going for an 80's Charvel vibe (like the...
  11. jsboswell

Custom order Suhr is where I'd start.
  12. jsboswell

What’s your favorite auto wah / envelope filter pedal?

I've loved my Mad Professor Snow White Auto Wah for years. Does both envelope and auto wah.
  13. jsboswell

3rd Power - Wooly Coats Extra Spanky 6VEL

Oh, I don't know... I have a pair of them that I run as part of a stereo rig. I haven't found a volume yet where they sound anything but stellar! A testament to the work you guys do.
  14. jsboswell

Callaham amp

I wish they would. I love mine, but wouldn't mind at all adding one or two more.
Top Bottom