• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Recent content by KazJY

1. K

Dweezilla prior to upcoming ZpZ shows

Cool, man let us know how it goes! I am seeing ZPZ on Tuesday, but didn't do the Masterclass this time. kind of regretting not signing up. I just ordered the Truefire courses though - save 25% as a preorder! :-)
  2. K

Dweezilla prior to upcoming ZpZ shows

Yeah, this was at the Englert 9-6-13 (older thread here). That is a great theater! I drove out from Chicago burbs to visit a friend and catch the gig. I'd go again in a heartbeat.
  3. K

Bun E. Carlos shows his Ludwig drum collection

Very cool! Thanks for posting!
  4. K

Got my Marshall JCM800 2203 re-tubed... and it sounds worse...?

Thanks again everyone. We re-biased the amp with my old Svetlana set (the preamp tubes were Sovtek) and all sounds great! I'm probably up for a new set sometime within a year or so, but it's all good. I appreciate the suggestions on other brands. Rock on!
  5. K

Ok - I put the "old" tubes in and the magic was BACK!!!! I did watch the guy bias my amp so I know where to put the contacts and what not to touch. I have a digital multimeter. I know to go for 39mA, but not sure how to set the multimeter. If anyone is reading and knows, please let me know...
  6. K

Thanks for the replies, guys. Reussen - interesting to hear that EH are bright sounding - that's exactly it. I told my wife about this comment, and she goes "and you had the bass on 10!" (she knows tone. :-) ). tone? - I am in the Chicago SW burbs - Downers Grove area. I went into Chicago to...
  7. K

hey guys, I got my Marshall JCM800 100W 2203 re-tubed recently. I'm running EL34s in the power section. I've used Sovtek power tubes for years, and each time I've had it re-tubed, it sounded great. The tech put Electro Harmonix in this time (all he had on hand), which he says are more of a...
  8. K

83 Marshall JCM800 2203 - can someone check the back of theirs for me?

Yeah - probably what I'd do. Thanks guys!!:beer
  9. K

Thanks for the additional info, guys! Cool to know the European convert stuff, Sean. for originality's (or resell) sake - should I write the numbers back on there, or not worry about it?
  10. K

Thanks guys! weepman - yours is faded too, eh?
  11. K

I got my amp back from my tech, and gave it a good wipe down. While doing so, I obliterated the ink from the label on the back. I know it's a 2203, and I know it's 100W, but what goes in the third blank (Power input)? Curiosity really. and should I get a blue pen and write it in there again...
  12. K

Jimmy Page on Letterman Thurs. Nov. 6

Cool. I will watch. Thanks for posting!
  13. K

MP3 vs FLAC?

convert your flac to wav, burn CDs, or convert to MP3 if need be. They sound better. especially live shows - I notice a difference.
  14. K

Warren Haynes interview.

OH HECK YEAH!!!!
  15. K

Warren Haynes interview.

Cool! Thanks for posting! :-)