• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Recent content by KBN

1. KBN

Room for 1 more pedal - what to buy?

The answer is always a flanger.
  2. KBN

Your Black Friday Purchase

Congrats! I have a 2009 standard and I love that thing.
  3. KBN

You serious, Clark? That pedal is awesome. I'll give you $35 for it.
  4. KBN

My sincere condolences.
  5. KBN

I bought a few drum midi packs over at Groove Monkee. They are 50% off. They are good performances, too.
  6. KBN

If you (or your favorite pedal company) made a pedal called “2020,” what would it be?

The type of effect is irrelevant so long as every unit is defective.
  7. KBN

Your Favorite Tape Echo Simulation Pedal

Tech 21 Boost DLA is a very pleasant tape-ish delay that flies very much under the radar.
  8. KBN

Pedals to spend on and pedals to save on?

I haven't had the opportunity to play one. I'll take your word that it is great.
  9. KBN

Pedals to spend on and pedals to save on?

Budget delay and reverb pedals have always disappointed me. There are loads of great overdrives for good prices. There are also plenty of good, simple modulation pedals for very little money, though something more complex that sounds good is worth spending for. You don't have to pay $200-300...
  10. KBN

Divorcing... New bedroom setup.

I'm married, though I did make many purchases before the blessed day. :D
  11. KBN

Unstackable pedals and non-effects-friendly amps

Way Huge Fat Sandwich does not stack in my experience. Running anything into it produces nearly imperceptible changes. It can be a bit of a temperamental beast anyways, so it figures that it wouldn't play well with others. But on its own it does some pretty wild stuff.
  12. KBN

One That I Wish I Didn't Let Get Away from Me: Share Your Experience Regarding a Peavey Amp That You Wish You Still Owned

I scored a Mk IV Bass head just a couple weeks ago for a very good price. What a glorious and under-rated amp. I fear that the Peaveys that have gotten away are all of them that I haven't given much thought to. I suspect that I might end up with a small collection.
  13. KBN

Sleeper Pedals

BSIAB2. I have one that I changed the transistors out for lower gain and I did the contour knob mod. It was in a box for few years after a move, but I've been putting together a second rig throughout Covid just for my own entertainment and I have been really loving this thing. It isn't my...
  14. KBN

String Gauge Poll -- .07 or .13

If it had to be standard tuning I'd take the 13s. Assuming 13-56 guage strings, I'd only put 5 strings on it and throw out the 56. Low E - B it would be 46, 36, 26w, 17p, 13p. I think that would be like a set of 10s. Nobody really needs the high E anyways. System = Gamed.