Recent content by kimos55

1. kimos55

Michael Bloomfield

I grew up in the SF Bay Area. As a kid I used to take the bus up to SF and go to concerts at Wenterland, Great American music hall and a lot of clubs in the Mission. I never passed up a Mike Bloomfield weekend. It was Elvin Bishop, Mike Bloomfield and maybe Montrose open or REO or so many...
  2. kimos55

Chick Corea, RIP

Very cool watch
  3. kimos55

Rivera Amps ?

OK, I have a Venus 6 combo, it's better then my Fender Deluxe, Heavy though.
  4. kimos55

What band has the most interesting story?

I have to 2nd Rush. This is the kinda story that is so great, it's called beyond the lighted stage. Great Documentary. Granted there are a few mentioned above I have never seen, but some tragic one's too.
  5. kimos55

Sold Corndrstone Gladio 2020 Sliver

Sold Shipped and pp IMG_1774 by Alan, on Flickr
  6. kimos55

Steel wool for dirty fretboard

HI Jack, Long time no talk to. Gorgomyte is the best. Just wanted to shout out to ya.
  7. kimos55

Sold Quilter 101 Mini Reverb

Shoots I will take the quilter
  8. kimos55

My rig sounds really bad and I don’t know why.

Wow, I used a quilter before with just a 1 12 cab And I could have done a gig with it. i am trying to remember exactly how I had it set- seems to me that first you want a more or less classic clean tone with enough drive to just dirty up the tone enough, then use your pedal to drive the...
  9. kimos55

EVH All Star Jam - Tony Levin, Jan Hammer

WOW great vid, Thanks
  10. kimos55

Tube amp feel

I think that in a Studio the Fractal sounds great , it feels like playing through an amp. I felt that in the studio Amp modeling is better for recording , I much rather us a Fractal in the studio. Live playing gigs, I had a hard time gigging with the Fractal because of it is so hard to...
  11. kimos55

FM3 on the way!!

No I only used it through a house PA systems when I gigged Never used it as a stand alone efx
  12. kimos55

FM3 on the way!!

I gigged with the FM3 for 3 weeks then I went back to my amp pedal board rig. I just didn't have the time to mess around at the time for my live gigs, I went back to my standard rig set up. What I learned: Every mistake you make is out in front, I don't make many but if you do when your...