• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recent content by kiteflyer

1. K

Help me decide on my delay situation.

I really like the Tech 21 boost DLA myself. It sounds great and has all the features I wanted out of a delay. I also own the MP deep blue delay which is nice too, but I tend to use the DLA. A friend just lent me the Malekko 616. Can't go wrong there either...
  2. K

Delay shopping ........Help

another vote for the Tech 21 boost D.L.A with tap tempo. Tap tempo, trails, modulation and a tone knob that actually works. Buffered bypass, but it sounds just fine to me. Great pedal.
  3. K

Adding a Bigsby

I recently put a B7 on my 335 and couldn't be happier. I didn't change the nut or install a roller bridge. no problems with tuning stability. One thing that suprised me was difficulty grounding the bridge and strings with the new trem- depends where your 555 is grounded. I had to get a hole...
  4. K

Octave pedal: Micro POG vs. Foxrox Octron 2

I'm a little confused by this. I've been running the micropog off of one of the L6 outputs with the switch in the normal position. Seems to work ok, but I haven't compared it to the wallwart. Am I underpowering the thing?
  5. K

blowing fuses- OT short?

when I opened up the amp I found a loose ceramic cap and a big piece of dried solder that were bouncing around the inside. Maybe they're somehow related to the diode failing. I'll check the other components in the area as you suggest, Adam. Thanks
  6. K

blowing fuses- OT short?

I just found a shorted rectifier diode. TGP comes through! Hmm, pads under the board eh? Dammit Fender. It'll be miracle if I don't cause another problem getting under there to solder the new diode. :messedup
  7. K

blowing fuses- OT short?

Thanks Adam. If I'm still stumped in a day or two I'll give you a call!
  8. K

blowing fuses- OT short?

Thanks for the replies, really appreciate the help. The amp doesn't have a rectifier tube, and blows the fuse with no tubes installed so it's not a tube problem. I didn't realize that the silicon rectifier diodes were a probable cause of the problem. What's the right or best way to test...
  9. K

blowing fuses- OT short?

I'm trying to track down a problem with a friend's Vibrolux (the newer custom reissue). It's been blowing fuses. It's been pretty mysterious so far- it doesn't appear to be bad tubes, filter capacitors, carbon trails. I did some simple checks on the PT and choke and they both checked out...
  10. K

EHX Micro Pog vs. Foxrox Octron

Another big difference- the pog is polyphonic. The octron will get glitchy with chords. I had a POG and recently downsized to a microPog since I was only using the suboctave and a little 1 up. The micropog doesn't sound quite as good to my ears, but it tracks and comes close enough for me to...
  11. K

Installing a ground wire to an ABR-1 bridge

Checked this morning and unfortunately there's no ground wire hole at the butt of the guitar. Anyone here ever drilled a hole to the ABR-1 post? Seems like it will be tough to get the drill at the right angle in the pickup cavity. Anyone here ever do it before? Was it difficult?
  12. K

huh, I had no idea. I'll go check to see if I can find that hole. Thanks for the response!
  13. K

I recently put a bigsby B7 put onto my ES335 and subsequently realized that I had no simple way to ground the electronics to the bridge/strings. The original ground wire came up to the stop tailpiece. I read something about running a ground wire to the treble-side post of the ABR-1, but I'm...
  14. K

Your most used overdrive

Hotcake my fave in conjunction with an AC30
  15. K

Please recommend upgrades for my new R8 Les Paul.

R8's probably come with the correct/good pot values (500k volumes). I think I read that somewhere. I was a little ticked at Gibson for putting small value volume pots in my 335. I measured them and they both measured less than 250k. Took me a while to get up the courage to pull the harness...