Recent content by kyolic

1. kyolic

is there a reason to play something other than a strat?

1- Humbuckers 2- 24 frets 3- Jumbo frets 4- Floyd Rose 5- D profile necks 6- Better access to the frets after 16th 6- Ebony fingerboards 7- Binding 8- Modern look These are the reasons I can think of, on top of my hat. Not to bash Strats, I like them.
  2. kyolic

IK Multimedia Tonex AI Machine Modeling (Profile/Capture in your daw)

Creating a profile is not difficult, of course. The process is pretty straight forward. However, creating a "good" profile is really difficult. You need a decent microphone and a preamp to begin with. You must really know how to mike an amp. You must be able to turn the volume up because most...
  3. kyolic

I have zero interest in capturing my own amps because I don't have any (anymore). However, I am so eager to have all your amps here on my desktop! Go capture them all and share! :p
  4. kyolic

Gilmour Reveals the Secret to His Tone - Boss Heavy Metal

You are right. The intro (outro as well I guess) was a Big Muff. He used the HM-2 for the solo: https://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=53 Scroll down and you'll see.
  5. kyolic

dB meter to level presets?

You must use a "Loudness Meter" not a "dB Meter". dB meters do not help anything. As mentioned above, Youlean Loudness Meter will do the job perfectly.
  6. kyolic

Klon in the Axe-FX III now

Omg you Axe FX guys don't have it? We Helix users have it since 2017.
  7. kyolic

Well, all those are essentials for a good profile/capture, but as this one will be a VST, this time audio interface is also included in the equation.
  8. kyolic

Btw, I guess that audio interface used during the process will play a huge role in the quality of the profiles/captures. I don't believe that you will get the same results with a 100 USD interface compared to a 1000 USD interface.
  9. kyolic

Neither Kemper nor Neural DSP is able to produce 100% identical profiles/captures. They don't do a better job than the demos posted in IK Multimedia website.
  10. kyolic

Why does the profile/capture have to be 100% identical? Get two rectos with the same cab, tweak them to the exact same settings, and even they will not sound 100% identical due to the tolerances of the components and stuff.
  11. kyolic

Well, this is really exciting news, however, listening to the clips of the real amps, I am pretty certain that official IK Multimedia profiles (captures, whatever) will be pretty useless. Go here and check the real amp sounds they decided to profile...
  12. kyolic

Helix Litigator = Eargasm (clip inside)

I love this amp.
Top Bottom