• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by larimar

1. L

Changing preamp tubes in old Gibson Skylark

I figured that but thought I would throw it out there anyway. I am guesstimating that the tech put those other tube values in there to give you more clean headroom as they are lower gain tubes. That other tube, the 6X4 if I am not mistaken is the rectifier tube. Those little amps are cool. I...
  2. L

How much of Kill Em All was Dave Mustaines influence?

(imo) "key" They couldn't have made it sound like that without him.
  3. L

2015 Gibson Price Increase and Other Really BAD Ideas

Thanks! I had no idea about that Tronical site...:dude Well based off that I wonder why they would make the claim in the vid' that the tuner was good for studio work...
  4. L

Very angry after watching Behind The Music Remastered about the Go Gos

I hear ya but during the MTV era with the videos and what not.. so that all too important visual was a big part in selling the tunes...
  5. L

Very angry after watching Behind The Music Remastered about the Go Gos

Well there you "GoGo"...they were needed enough (for whatever reason) to get a cut.
  6. L

Examples of bands who started out generic/derivative before finding their own sound

Good point. If anything it could be posed that they went the opposite way...They had it goin' on and then....MTV and everything after...
  7. L

Examples of bands who started out generic/derivative before finding their own sound

I'll throw the Beatles in there.... a Rock n' Roll band that went all artsy and what not...
  8. L

2015 Gibson Price Increase and Other Really BAD Ideas

I'd still like to know how accurate the tuner is....just out of curiosity.
  9. L

Changing preamp tubes in old Gibson Skylark

If V2 is labeled for a 6bq5 (EL84) then it is the power tube. You put a 12ax7 in there?
  10. L

Solid state hi-gain possible?

I forgot about those. They cool and not very pricey.
  11. L

Humbucker replacement for Gibson 1969 SG Custom

+1 on gathering spec' info. You might try both of the stock pups in the middle, decide which one you like there and have someone wind you something similar.
  12. L

Questions about cables

Ha! Good one!
  13. L

Boss cs-3 compressor/ sustainer?

Still on the fence with the CS-3 I see......Man you know you don't really need that comp....if you did you would already have it! Put it lower on your list for later!
  14. L

A strap for all my guitars

The Levy's cotton straps are nice. They go for about $20.
  15. L

Upgrading tone and volume pots

+1 on establishing what the values in there are first. RSguitarworks sell singles and full kits of tight tolerance pots. Might be worth a look.
Top Bottom