• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Recent content by Lennox Lewis

1. L

Could Use Some Advice Please!

I am wanting to get into recording. I've been playing music for 30 plus years, but never have gotten into recording. It's kind of intimidated me, despite buying a Zoom HD16 recording device a few years ago. I just never learned to use it, although I lazily didn't put in enough effort to do...
  2. L

Crate VC5310 vs Fender Hotrod Deluxe.

I have always loved the Vintage Club amps. In terms of tone, I think they are superior to the HRD. Some of the Vintage Clubs have been known to have little things go wrong. One of my old one would blow a fuse from time to time. But, in terms of tone/sound, I would rate the Vintage Club...
  3. L

AC30 Custom Classic Users- Need Quick Help ASAP For A Show

Hi guys. I have to play a show tonight with a Vox AC30 CC with alnico blues. I want to use a Tele and Les Paul but want to avoid having to do too many adjustments to the eq and settings when I change guitars. What I want to try and do is use a Morley ab box through the effects loop:v have...
  4. L

My Vintage 30 experience..

I played a festival over the weekend and didn't feel like lugging around the cab I normally use with Tone Tubbys. I brought my old 2x12 with vintage 30 and g12h30. I had always LOVED that combo and for whatever reason hadn't used the cab in a long time. It sounded perfect. The v30 / g12h30...
  5. L

Wanting to be perceived to be a "guitarist" without putting in the work to be one

I have a similar friend who is incredibly hard to play with. He's "played" guitar for 15 + years, but never really learned a good foundation. He's always wanting to play together when he's in town, and it almost seems like a job to play along with him. It's a lot of work, because you have to...
  6. L

Slash featuring Andrew Stockdale of Wolfmother

Cool tune. Very Zep. I hope theres more good songs to come.
  7. L

New Ibanez Tube Screamer Amp...

Before clicking on the link, I expected to see an amp that was black with a metal looking grill. I was pleasantly suprised to see the styling of these. Pretty cool looking amp. For that price, I'm certainly interested. Shortly after they're released, you'll see the "necessary mods" for them...
  8. L

Love My AC30CC w/ Blues-But......

Thanks for the opinions thus far. I do certainly like the master volume, as I've never messed with attenuators much. So the Hayseeds have MV? As for the effects loop and trem, it's not a neccessity, though cool to have at times I suppose. How does the tone match up comparison-wise with the...
  9. L

Love My AC30CC w/ Blues-But......

I've gone through many amps over the years and always wanted to experience an AC30. I've had one for over a year and totally see what the magic that is the AC30 chime. Now since I'm hooked on that tone, I'm wondering if I would like the AC30 handwired/Heritage series even more...? Or maybe...
  10. L

Epiphone WildKat, AlleyKat Owners Chime In!

Hmmm. That sounds kinda cool for giving a bit of versatility sound-wise. I've never done this with any of my guitars. Is it tough to do? I assume you just have to buy a "push/pull" pot, and then wire your pickups differently to facilitate it? Thanks man! And am interested in any mini-hum...
  11. L

I really don't have a problem with the pickups, but because I enjoy goofing around with swapping pickups in guitars (especially budget ones), I'm toying with some new ones in my new Alleykat. Anyone have any recommendations or luck with changing pu's in these? I've never tried Filtrons on...
  12. L

I just traded a MIM Tele for an Alleykat over the weekend. I absolutely LOVE it. I was worried about the build quality and pickups, but so far it's left me pleasantly suprised. I haven't been able to put it down. I'm going to flirt with new pickups and pots just because I enjoy doing that...
  13. L

Name a concert you regret not going to

Nirvana came to Dayton Ohio. I was asked to go and decided to pass and "catch them next time they're close" Kurt died not too long afterwards. :(
  14. L

Craigslist Dictionary

Saw this on the Cincy CL and thought some here would appreciate the listing. Cracked me up. http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/msg/1538784572.html