• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Recent content by ljholland

1. ljholland

Why isn't Variax popular?

I own a 69S and think it's a very nice Strat. Forgetting the digital part, as a Strat with conventional magnetic pickups, it's every bit as nice as a Fender. However, it's not a number 1 for me. I have other guitars that I enjoy playing more. I think a lot of the reason that they aren't that...
  2. ljholland

Boss Waza Air Headphones

There’s discussion on the FB group about the IOS crash. The developers are aware....but I guess we’ll see how long the update takes.
  3. ljholland

AmazonBasics guitar pedals

Yes - they’re NUX.
  4. ljholland

The 10 Best Signature guitars!

Pete Townsend SG
  5. ljholland

Kemper OS 8.0 Beta - Kemper Drive and OCD

I've been messing with the Kemper Drive since it was released. I am impressed and hope they finish out this beta with a bunch of new presets based on the KD. (it's a nice start) After using it, I'm starting to think the KD may change the way I use my powered Kemper. I've always loaded 3...
  6. ljholland

Making listening to guitar through headphones a less soulless and joyless experience ?

Boss Waza Headphones - you'll be lost for hours.....
  7. ljholland

The HX Effects is legit

Have you set the level at unity as I suggested above? I think you’re using way too much level and overdriving the loop inputs which is causing noise. Loops aren’t meant to work that way. Bring the level down until the noise goes away. Then set the gain to the amount of distortion you want.
  8. ljholland

Kemper Acoustic Simulator

I’ve had to try a few guitars to see which sounds best but yeah- it’s cool
  9. ljholland

Singular Sound Aeros Loop Studio

@SingularSound - A big hi! I'm still loving my Aeros with the BB. You folks have really taken the community feedback and improved the Aeros so much since the release. Thanks!
  10. ljholland

Official Thead: RIP EVH Eddie Van Halen

I can remember that day when I first heard him play and being in awe. RIP EVH
  11. ljholland

Powered Kemper Through Guitar Cabs - Excellent!

Yep on all points. My oversized 1x12 with a creamback and 2x12 with Fender style speakers give me all the tones. However, many profiles sound very similar. I know this seems crazy but I’ve played with the new Kemper speaker profiles at lower volume and you do get more of the characteristics of...
  12. ljholland

The HX Effects is legit

Seems like we're back to the original theory. You either have a bad unit or there's something else in your signal chain that's causing the noise.
  13. ljholland

The HX Effects is legit

Good news - I may have a theory @guitarman3001. I create a simple patch with a send/receive in loop 2 and a reverb - the rest of the HXFX/Amp1 wiring was the same. I tried a Jam Pedal Fuzz Phrase, Ramble Marvel Drive 3, and a Wampler Tumnus in loop 2. All sounded fine and behaved completely...
  14. ljholland

The HX Effects is legit

@guitarman3001 ....I think I've missed something in my tests above. I'm not using my HXFX this way. I only use the HXFX with the Amp1 in 4CM and nothing else. I don't put pedals in the second Send/Return loop. I have put an OD or fuzz pedal in front of the HXFX and then used the HXFX/Amp1 that...
  15. ljholland

The HX Effects is legit

I tried some experiments this morning to be certain I'm accurate. I tested using the HXFX with the Bluguitar Amp1 Mercury Edition. I turned off the noise gate on the Amp1 to make sure that didn't interfere with the testing. I used headphones plugged into the Amp1's record out to make sure I...