Recent content by LPV

1. L

Are these diodes good for any pedal building?

I’ve got a few of these rectifier diodes I scavenged and I’m thinking about making a pedal with them. Are they any good from a tone perspective?
  2. L

Built a 212

Thanks!
  3. L

Built a 212

5/8” Baltic Birch ply except back which is 1/2”, box jointed.
  4. L

Built a 212

Sounds really great. In case anyone is wondering It’s wired to 4ohm because the mosvalve sounds great at 4 ohm. I’m going to install a 4/16 switch so I can use it directly with amp. Oh and I know it’s wired out of phase in the pic. I took the pic and looked at it and went oops and fixed it.
  5. L

Built a 212

added a Traynor logo to the front. Looked a little naked. Fills the amp gap.
  6. L

Built a 212

30” tall 23” wide 14” deep
  7. L

Built a 212

Ya closed oversized. Size is similar to a wizard 212. Wanted some bottom end. I run an IR into FOH so it’s really only stage volume.
  8. L

Built a 212

Wanted a 212 for an EVH style rig I’m going to be using if and when the band starts playing live again :dunno: It will have the 2 weber 1225Cs. My Traynor is basically a 50w plexi. I copied the filtering and fizz cap values from what’s out there about 12301. The amp goes into my reactive load...
  9. L

Anyone else feel the creamback really isn’t all that Greenback’ish?

But they market them as a higher power Greenback sound with more bottom end. G12m-65
  10. L

Anyone else feel the creamback really isn’t all that Greenback’ish?

I’ve had the creamback for a few years now and I just can’t find the crackle and grit of a g12m in there. It gets a great smooth punchy tone but I can’t get it to rock. I’ve had it in a few amps and applications but I’m just not hearing it.
  11. L

Pickup suggestions for a chambered les Paul

2008 standard. I sold the bbpros and put in a paf style pickup but after 7 years I’m finding them less focused than I would like. Maybe too “airy” sounding. I had a set of alnico pro2s in there for a while which were ok but still not “it”. I’ve read the dimarzio air zone sounds great in these...
  12. L

First ge7 in 30 years

I seem to remember my original being 9v but 30 years ago, lol, could have very well been 12. Can’t remember.
  13. L

First ge7 in 30 years

Yep. It’s very quiet too.
  14. L

First ge7 in 30 years

I don't know anything about the pedal other than it's made in taiwan and is 12v.