Recent content by LqdSndDist

1. L

Sellers with "Make an Offer", but they don't consider offers...

indeed..... given how bent out of shape many TGP’rs get over the most trivial and unimportant things in life you really have to wonder how they are able to deal with real problems in life...... If your pedal shipping in a padded envelope, or having Velcro residue is enough to ruin your day then...
  2. L

Sellers with "Make an Offer", but they don't consider offers...

Could be that some people have far more important things going on right now that worrying about if they got an offer on a piece of gear they have listed on Reverb..... ? Finding food, TP, worrying about how to pay the bills after being out of work etc.... I know, its not an important as...
  3. L

Are you guys having trouble selling effects?

I think people are just going to need to start seeing pedals and music gear like any other used products, ie; your lucky to get 50% out of them..... Everyone feels like you can use a pedal for a year and get 90% new prices, a “rental fee”, and maybe that has been true in some cases due to high...
  4. L

Expensive amps

It’s all relative.... may neighbor has a 30 foot speed boat, a nice 4x4 to tow it, and just bought a new Vette....... some ask how people can drop $2k on an amp and others wonder how people can buy $80k cars and boats and trucks....
  5. L

How do you polish relic guitars?

Polishing a guitar is like ironing your tan pants.......
  6. L

Would you buy a guitar from a TINKERER??

Changing string gauges is tinkering ?
  7. L

Would you buy a guitar from a TINKERER??

Dave Gilmour tinkered with the black Strat to no end....still sold well
  8. L

Finding that unicorn band to play with...in your 50s

When I got a DAW and found an internet full of drum programs, backing tracks etc, I realized I could be in my ideal band with just myself. i have total creative control, we can always jam or record when I want, on my schedule, etc no gigs these days but that is fine with me..... Being in a...
  9. L

Congratulations to EQD/Jamie/Julie, front page of the Wall Street Journal

John Glenn and Neil Armstrong were a couple of pioneering Ohio guys too.... plus those Brothers from Dayton who also had the “Wright” stuff
  10. L

You ever lost it in a guitar store when you are being assulted with a cacophony of guitar suck...?

TGP is so weird..... folks hate guitar stores because of people demoing gear, but, then there are also threads about TGP guys all butt hurt because a store wouldn’t let them demo an expensive amp, or just go play on their lunch break every day etc.....
  11. L

Bye Bye GC

I once wanted a certain germanium fuzz pedal for Christmas. Didn’t get, someone got me this cheap Chinese knockoff which said “vintage fuzz” but it wasnt, nor would one really expect an oc77 in a pedal costing $19.99 right ? should any store take that pedal for an even trade for something else...
  12. L

How Has Online Sales Tax Impacted Your Buying/Selling of Gear?

but if your able to be in a position where your dropping $3k on guitars and amps your likely in a position where $300 isn’t going to really impact you no ? If $300 is a good part of your weekly income, then sure, it’s a significant amount of money, but if your making like $300 a week then your...
  13. L

How Has Online Sales Tax Impacted Your Buying/Selling of Gear?

Sales tax is like what, 7% or so ? That means on a $200 pedal your paying (or giving up) like $15..... If $15 is that big of an impact, should you be buying $200 pedals in the first place ? don’t get me wrong, I know everyone had different finances, but many people in my office will spend $15...
  14. L

Completely replacing electronics in a Les Paul Standard- value killer?

It’s almost like people who buy used gear are more interested in getting a good deal for themselves and don’t care at all how it affects the seller or their return on investment.....
  15. L

People Noodling Between Songs....

When I was young and started playing guitar it was because I said “I want to rock!”.... I wonder if there were some kids who said “I want to rock... but in a professional manner, ideally in a $100/man cover band with a potential for $200/man gigs, and with a rigid mgmt structure which includes...

Trending Topics