• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by mahler

1. M

Strymon TimeLine First Impressions

This does look pretty cool! I just checked out the clips, I wonder how it compares to the original vacuum tube buffered original!
  2. M

Cannot diagnose the source of cabinet rattle...

Hello All, I have an old cab (bassman 2 X 12) and it is rattling like crazy. I don't think it is the speakers, and it seems to be coming between the two speakers in the center. Any ideas on what it could be? How I could stop it?
  3. M

Got a vintage amp, what are some warning signs to look for?

Hello all, I got the amp back, and well it sounds absolutely incredible. It took the sound of the amp before and made it even better. The amp looks good and is safe to use, and it's got some good tubes in it that should last the amp a while. I'd like to thank Mike at KCANOS tubes as well...
  4. M

Thanks Mike, not only for your help on the amp but your help selecting tubes! If anyone is curious, I went to DGN Guitars in Fairfield to get the amp fixed.
  5. M

Thanks John! I hope it sounds incredible too :).
  6. M

The blue-molded caps are staying :). Are those valuable?
  7. M

Hello all, got the tubes today and took the amp to the tech for an evaluation! The tech was a great guy, and gave the amp a look through to see if there were any surprises. He said the amp was in great condition other than the caps, and that "they don't make amps like these anymore". :D He's...
  8. M

Hello guys! Just thought I'd provide in update! I met a fairly nice guy with a shop up in fairfield (maybe an hour away), who would do an inspection/clean up (switches and pots, etc.), a retube and bias (I am supplying the tubes), and the cap job for 140. He offered me some advice on the caps...
  9. M

I am not very swift tonight! Now I see what you mean! I made an appointment with my tech, and hopefully it won't bankrupt me. Still debating whether to get the ANOS GE Long Plates or the ANOS RCAs.... decisions, decisions
  10. M

I knew the maintenance was coming :D, I just thought it would come in a little longer amount of time (the seller didn't make it seem as dire as it is).
  11. M

I am not implying what a tech isn't worth it, I just would prefer to save as much money as I can! Not degrading there work, I was just saying I don't want to pay for something I could probably do (as far as replacing the caps). Cheers!
  12. M

I am stuck deciding whether I should replace this myself or find a tech, it would be nice to have a tech check over the amp for other problems but I would love to not have to drive far, as well as not having to fork over labor costs. However, I don't know how to bias an amp and I was wanting to...
  13. M

Someone find me an amp tech in Westchester, NY!

Hello all, Looks like I'm going to have to be brining in my amp for a biasing and cap job, but I don't know of anyone in my area. I'd prefer not to go to NYC (even though there are a slew of techs), and can go to some parts of connecticut (near putnam county, stamford etc.) Cheers!
  14. M

Could anyone give me a price I could expect for a biasing (I'd provide the tubes to the tech) and a cap job?
  15. M

Thanks Mike for all your help and I am getting ready to order some tubes very soon :). I would love to take it to a tech too, other than the fact that there isn't one within 3 hours of me. And shipping a bassman is expensive :). I have a 40 watt soldering iron, is that enough power or do...
Top Bottom