• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recent content by Martin82

1. M

String prep for gigs.

On a hot summer stage, I'll actually use fast fret on the back of the guitar neck so that it's slick. Works great.
  2. M

Gretsch deal

Congrats.. gretsches are great instruments. I have four myself. Enjoy.
  3. M

Reverend Guitars: your favorite model(s)

The only Reverend I've played is a PA-1. I liked it enough to buy it on the spot.
  4. M

What was your first electric guitar?

Bought this in '67. It's my first electric. Still have it, still original, but retired from gigging.
  5. M

Goodsell amps!!

I have owned three and currently own two - Valpreaux and Thunderball. Both beautiful sounding amps. And Richard G is a great guy. Also, he provides excellent service if anything on the amp goes wrong.
  6. M

Who makes a good 5E3 without breaking the bank?

Boot Hill. I have one that he built for me. It's a great amp.
  7. M

Wow, I love these '57 Classics in my...

I have an ES335 with '57s and I have no desire to change them. I also had an ES339 with them and thought they sounded great.
  8. M

Played a D'Angelico EX-SS Today...

What does that have to do with the comparison I made? I have a Gibson 335 produced in 2011. It's a great guitar. What I was stating is that my EX-SS is as good as my 335.
  9. M

They have four ranges - Master Builder, Premier, Excel and Deluxe, all with their own SS model. Although the picture is of an Excel SS, maybe GC confused it with one of the other ranges.
  10. M

I don't know what you're all smoking. I bought one in grey/black last year. There's nothing cheap sounding/feeling about the guitar. I would put it on a par with my Gibson 335s and 339.
  11. M

Most comfortable electric sitting down

I find telescope, LPs, Gretsch, ES style, most hollow bodies to be very comfortable. Stats not so much. Never having played one or even held one, I can't imagine a Flying V being comfortable.
  12. M

Gretsch Duo Jet Help

I have a Duo Jet and had the same problem you reported. The answer for me was a treble bleed added to the master volume. It was a simple and cheap thing to build and install, and corrected the issue.
  13. M

NGD Fender American Standard

I have the same guitar in the same color and it is fantastic. Enjoy yours. Congrats!
  14. M

Why wont warmoth do nitro?

Warmth does nitro finished necks.