• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by Michael Minnis

1. M

Ebo Customs e-verb?

I just received my E-verb a few days ago. It sounds fabulous in front of my vintage tweed amps. I mainly play clean jazz. The E-verb sounds awesome and Eric is great to do business with.
  2. M

Best Real Spring Reverb For Home/Studio Use

Thanks for all the great advice. I went ahead and ordered an E-verb from Ebo Customs. Now I just need to be patient!
  3. M

Thank you for the heads-up. I love the True Spring. I just figured why not explore a "real" spring reverb. No knock to the True Spring at all.
  4. M

Hey, everyone. I'm contemplating getting some kind of real spring reverb unit for home use and recording only with my tweed amps. I pretty much strictly play clean jazz. I'm considering possibly a vintage Fender Reverb tank, the Ebo E-verb, the out of production Sole Mate or the Demeter...
  5. M

J Rockett BOING! Reverb

I've been using a Boing with my vintage tweed amps for a few months now. For my purposes, it works quite nicely. I really like the dead simplicity. Less tweaking. More music making.
  6. M

Austin Guitar House Thread ....Part IV

Fabulous photos, Oz! Thank you for your warmth, courtesy and friendship! Austin Guitar House, my Saturday hang!
  7. M

1956 Fender Princeton with 10 inch Celestion Ceramic

Sorry. I've been away. I also can't seem to figure out how to delete my conversations to clear space. Any tips? My apologies.
  8. M

I hear you. I have a tweed Champ, too. I dig it, but the bigger box of the Princeton translates to a bigger sound. If you're looking for another tweed to compliment or augment your Princeton, I would recommend something a little larger, as others have suggested. My personal favorite at the...
  9. M

Thanks for the response. My Princeton currently has the original 8" speaker. I was thinking of going up to a beefier 10" to get more headroom in order to use the amp with my band. But not too much headroom to lose the great touch sensitive drive.
  10. M

Great amp and nice playing, TPC. One question regarding the Bluedog in the amp now. Isn't there an ohm mismatch with the Princeton? Any concern about that? I have a 1960 tweed Princeton, and I've been contemplating a speaker swap myself. Thanks. Oh, and Dave and the gang at Killer Vintage are great!
  11. M

I'm about to pull the trigger...help, please! (PTD Trombetta related)

I agree with the others. Get as many as you can now rather than waiting again. I think the PlexiBender is a great choice. Paul's plexi pre-amps are fantastic. And his Copper Penny looks awesome, too. I'm a huge fan of the Rotobone. I'd get one of those for sure. Grab a mini-bone ge/si while...
  12. M

Great Mike Hermans Paul Trombetta PTD Rotobone Demo

Hey, everyone. Check out this fabulous demo by Mike Hermans of Paul Trombetta's Rotobone. It only reinforces how much I love my Rotobone!
  13. M

So that Lehle Mono Volume Pedal...

I received the Lehle Volume Pedal yesterday. Haven't played it at rehearsal or a gig yet, but I'm very impressed. Great smooth taper, excellent build quality.
  14. M

Thomastik-Infeld bebop vs Pyramid round pure nickel

I'm a big TI user. Been using them for many, many years on all my guitars. I've tried the Pyramdid nickels on a couple guitars, gave it some time, but to me the TIs are better. As stated above, the Pyramids feel much stiffer. And to my ears, the Pyramids lack a little life. Recently I've begun...
Top Bottom