• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Recent content by MikeSRV69

1. MikeSRV69

Old rack gear advice needed please

I’m the opposite. I love old rack gear like only an old 80s guy can. I use them as sound manglers in electronic production. My little studio would happily accept a donation of old weird gear no one wants anymore.
  2. MikeSRV69

Sold Rocktron Intellifex LTD $80!!!

Pictures, please! Very interested.
  3. MikeSRV69

Dan Baird

I met him with Georgia Satellites when they played the Park West in Chicago in the old days. Super cool guy and a great band. Hope he recovers well. They had an all Hiwatt back line with some of the nameplates replaced with ones that said "HIYALL" in the Hiwatt font. Lol
  4. MikeSRV69

Good source for drum loops?

Some are Loop Loft and some Mode Audio. Those are my main sources, although there are a lot of free loop packs around if you look a bit. None of those have been as good as LL and MA, however. Glad you liked them! Peace.
  5. MikeSRV69

Good source for drum loops?

I like Loop Loft stuff, but wish their loops were acidized so they would work at different tempos. I also like Mode Audio, and the loop community Looperman.com can be fun and friendly.
  6. MikeSRV69

NAD - Bluesbreaker

You sound great through that amp. I'm looking to add an amp to my studio and you just put one of these on my list.
  7. MikeSRV69

My dream at 53

As a lifetime guitar instructor, let me say that you are plenty young to learn and you shouldn't even worry about it. My oldest student started playing bass from nothing in her mid 60s and is now in a band with guys in their 40s and she is 78. Into metal, too, I might add. I have taught tons of...
  8. MikeSRV69

Joel Hoekstra guitar solo. *not for faint of heart

Joel is amazing. I met him in the late 90s when he was playing bars in Chicago with The Cathy Richardson Band. First time I saw him was Halloween at the Abbey Pub in Chicago, busting eight-finger chops on 'Highway to Hell.' Even had him at my place for an interview in that period and have been...
  9. MikeSRV69

Sold $435!! Hughes & Kettner Statesman EL34 Head

I want it and will have the money in a week or so. Can you wait that long? Sorry to be a pain. If you can't I totally understand.
  10. MikeSRV69

I do know. I worked for an H&K dealer at one point and know how killer their real stuff is. GAS is real...lol
  11. MikeSRV69

This is killing me. I'm waiting on some money to drop in the next week or so and really want one of these. If you still have it then, I will be in touch. Free bump for a killer amp!
  12. MikeSRV69

Why Max Martin is the biggest influence on modern music

I couldn't believe it when I first learned about him. Amazing. A friend from high school who is in music publishing is friends with Martin and says he can listen to your song one time and tell you what's wrong with it. Pure pop gold.
  13. MikeSRV69

GAS type behavior, so many bad examples exist

I long ago gave up explaining or defending the GAS thing to those who don't get it. I have played for 40 years, most of those for a living, and will always be obsessed with guitars. Amps, too. Thankfully, the wife is a musician with her own GAS issues and gear pile, so I get no stress from her...
  14. MikeSRV69

STREET LEVEL GUITAR - My new ebook!

Hey TGP! Please take a gander at my new ebook 'Street Level Guitar: 30 Days Of Wisdom' that just came out. Thanks a million for your support!! Link to the book: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/street-level-guitar/id1032418487?mt=11 Description 'Street Level Guitar: 30 Days of Wisdom' is...
  15. MikeSRV69

List your CD here

'The Mike O'Cull Band' - 7 song EP. Blues, rock, and funk with lots of guitar and tight songwriting! https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-mike-ocull-band/id1001304401 iTunes link Soundcloud link http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/mikeocullmusic/MOBCOVER2.0.jpg