• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Recent content by moehuh

1. moehuh

Guitar you first really wanted when growing up

I was a drummer in my teens before pickup up guitar at 18. My perception of electric guitars was obviously very different as I never though about playing one. TBH I didn’t even really notice any difference between models or different amps :rimshot. But somehow Strats always resonated with me...
  2. moehuh

If I buy a genuine Fender Stratocaster body...

By definition that would be a partscaster. You build the guitar from parts you buy, independent if everything is made as Stratocaster parts. Genuine Stratocaster would be a model entirely built and assembled by the manufacturer. Some "boutique builders" are in fact just building partscasters...
  3. moehuh

Does Anyone Here Play Just One Type of Guitar?

The need for different guitar types entirely depends on how many different genres you play and / or how many different sounds you need. If you play one type of music and have your basic, awesome tone, then there is no need for 10 different guitar types. If you're a session musician with a broad...
  4. moehuh

Guitar as a consumable?

Same scenario with my two favorite guitars, namely a Callaham Tele and a LsL Strat. Got them both exactly 2y ago, both around 10y old now (pretty much unplayed when I bought them), similar fret size, similar string gauge. Both got very similar playing time, the Tele was used more live and at...
  5. moehuh

Five-Way Strat-o-Tele Switching

I think the "standard" 3-pickup-wiring is the Nashville Tele wiring with neck & bridge in parallel for the middle position: 1. Bridge 2. Middle & Bridge 3. Neck & Bridge 4. Middle & Neck 5. Neck You can achieve this with a super switch with 2 instead of 4 full rows. That makes it fit into the...
  6. moehuh

Factory stock guitars you won't mod

There are two guitars I'll never touch: - vintage Jazzmaster with original wiring - Callaham Telecaster First one to keep the value, second one because it's already tuned to perfection. I usually fine-tune my guitars by messing with the electronics. It's amazing how much a guitar can come...
  7. moehuh

NGD - Gretsch White Falcon BD

Every single made in Japan Gretsch I've played was set up perfectly from the factory. This should be no different.
  8. moehuh

NGD - Gretsch White Falcon BD

Sweet! How does the tone switch work? Is it like a traditional Falcon? One of the best mods I've done to my Falcon was to add a 100k Ohm resistor in series to the upper tone switch capacitor. Previously, it was absolutely unusable mush in the upper position, never used it. Now it's like a tone...
  9. moehuh

Recommendations for 5 pedal board and power supply?

I can highly recommend the Pedaltrain Nano+ with Cioks DC5. Fits perfectly and is very reliable. I did daisy chain the pedals before, but you will have problems if the power is not clean. Never had a single issue with the Cioks. Strymon is great too, but pricy.
  10. moehuh

If you could spend 5 minutes playing a famous player's guitar which one would it be?

Tony Rice's D-28 SRV's No. 1 Duane Allman's Les Paul Nile Rodgers's Hitmaker Brian May's Red Special EVH's Frankenstrat Derek Truck's SG David Gilmour's 0001 Strat David Gilmour's Black Strat Eric Johnson's '54 Strat Robben Ford's Tele Joe Bonamassa's '55 hardtail Strat Just realized that's a...
  11. moehuh

2 pickup 50's Hardtail Strat

Would be really interesting to know how the guitar was wired! On the picture the switch is in the middle, indicating it was used often. Could be a parallel wiring like in a modern Tele or served as a mute position (middle pickup disconnected, but rest of the wiring original). After the...
  12. moehuh

Not a fan of SSS Stratocasters?

SSS and vintage-style pickups (as your Fralins are) work best on vintage correct Strats. Modern Strats sound better with hotter pickups IMO. Had Fralin VHs in my Am. Deluxe Strat (previous model of the Ultra) and it was my main guitar for years. The base plate on the bridge helps with more...
  13. moehuh

‘66 Tele with vintage wiring - change to modern? (Pics Added)

I have a Callaham Tele, which obviously has his hardware. The knobs are fantastic. Heavy, but they feel very solid. Combine that with pots that have some resistance when turning and it feels like a tank. I also have an aged / distressed bridge with saddles on another Tele and it looks very good...
  14. moehuh

Struggling with pedal board envy

I know exactly what you are talking about. Especially in P&W you find all these fancy pedalboards. But let me tell you this: I've spent many years chasing the perfect pedalboard. My board was evolving over the years, but finally last year I finished what I was planning for years: A custom built...
  15. moehuh

Pettyjohn Lift MKII vs Lehle Sunday Driver II

I'd focus on whether you need the EQ or not. Headroom depends on other factors too and 18db of boost is probably way too much already ;-) Either way, you'll get one of the best buffers available. Good luck

Trending Topics