• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by Motorhed

1. Motorhed

What is your oddest shaped guitar?

Thanks haha, it's not the greatest guitar ever but it plays pretty good and has a great cheap sound. I like it with a bunch of fuzz! I'll get you a pic, probably tomorrow. The headstock isn't marked and someone did identify it here but i stupidly didn't keep note of it.
  2. Motorhed

What is your oddest shaped guitar?

I do have 2 Warlocks, a JR-V and an older LTD EXP but those aren't uncommon shapes. Weird but not uncommon. I'd say this old thing from The Land of the Rising Sun is weird and not quite like anything else I've seen.
  3. Motorhed

Cult of the Well-Hung StrapLab

Thanks. It actually hasn't been yet. My rut there got me not caring about it. I'm felling better now and will check about it soon. I will try that with my next batch of pics. I admit, I just used that spot because of easy access to an outlet lol. I knew it would kill the view of the strap but I...
  4. Motorhed

The Nearly Invisible Red Warlock and The Phoenix Dragon together again. (I had a story to go along with the name but I'm just not in the mood to type it out right now but I did take pics. I'll see if I can get some better shots when the camera battery is charged. I thought I left it in the...
  5. Motorhed

Holy %$#^! That is incredible! Let me know what you're ready to be paid and we can finish this up. I wasn't wanting something so red when it started. When I had the idea of adding some red, I was thinking some kind of faint red wash over black but once I saw the sample, I knew I had to do it...
  6. Motorhed

I can't blame ya. What's to come for mine won't be very tidy lol. There's no rush and I would never want to risk another customer's strap for mine. I'm feeling that especially for this one, you've already put so much into it that you've gotta be careful. That's gonna be sweet as honey when it's...
  7. Motorhed

Haha, Thank you. I'm more of a sci-fi guy than fantasy but I do still love it. Damn, I hope you're poor eyeball gets better! That just sounds miserable. That's looking great! Definitely a great match for the guitar too! Apart from honeycomb, the hexagons make me think of cyberpunk. I could...
  8. Motorhed

Looking great! I love the story too! I think it'll go perfectly with my Warlock! I saw this earlier and have been kicking around ideas for the continuation lol... Several years go by....A fat, foolish and boastful king put a bounty out on the dragon, the knight who could bring him enough of...
  9. Motorhed

Greatest Ending of a Rock Song?

I see a rainbow risin'! Look, there, on the horizon!
  10. Motorhed

Why do Graph Tech nuts suck?

I was thinking either that or string spacing. Unless there's some super slick fretboard material I'm unaware of, I don't see how nut material can be to blame for this.
  11. Motorhed

Definitely getting some Conan vibes from this one! I like it! Conan! What is best in life? A Well-Hung strap.......and to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women. Very good!
  12. Motorhed

What brand of pickups is SRV using in 1984?

I won't even get into the boxers vs tighty whities debate but it does bring up the question, what was the tension of the elastic? That's the crucial piece of information.
  13. Motorhed

Has anyone, or know anyone, who lost an eye to a guitar string

When I got my Alvarez acoustic, I asked the salesman about pulling the bridge pins as I hadn't owned an acoustic before. He showed me how to use a string winder to pull em. He also warned me to make sure I've loosened the strings good first. He thought he had once but didnt, the bridge pin...
  14. Motorhed

Haha! I saw that they existed and knew it was the right strap for it. I previously had a Crime Scene strap on it, I thought it was fitting since that finish is a crime lol. It was one of those highly annoying straps where the material was decent but the ends were about as thin as paper. They...
  15. Motorhed

haha Thanks! In all honesty, I probably could come up with ideas for all of mine if I put my mind to it but I've gotta limit myself lol. I put that tie dye tapestry on my chair because it's a bit beat up and I'm crazy like that haha. I didn't know I had made a new background for my guitars when...
Top Bottom