• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by mrspag

1. mrspag

Help with Loaded Pickguard Loud Hum

I purchased a loaded pick guard from Fralin pickups for my Stratocaster. It came with a wiring diagram which I followed. The guitar hums horribly on each pickup setting. The only thing that eliminates the hum is when the tone knob that controls the selected pickup is rolled back to zero. I...
  2. mrspag

Novo Guitars

Does anyone know if the Solus and Serus bodies are similar in size? It looks from the pictures that I've seen that the Solus has a larger body....
  3. mrspag

If you had to sell it all, and just buy one new amp......what would that be?

Mesa Boogie Triple Crown TC-50. All around the best amp I have ever played. Covers all of the genres of music, and does it well. Sounds great through a cabinet and easy to bring to a gig and run direct into the PA with the built in load box. I go through modelers and other amps and always go...
  4. mrspag

Help with Chord Shapes and Modes

Does Slash use the mode as the key, or change the scale with the chord changes? That’s one of the things I’m trying to understand about how to use modes in a rock or blues context.
  5. mrspag

Help with Chord Shapes and Modes

Ive played guitar for many years in cover bands. Mostly rock, country and blues. I love to improvise solos and I’ve spent time trying to break out of the pentatonic boxes. I’ve been working on memorizing the major and minor chord shapes with the root on each string, the arpeggio that goes with...
  6. mrspag

Helix Rack with MIDI Expression Auto On for Wah

This worked!! Thank you very much for the assistance!
  7. mrspag

Unfortunately, if I turn off the CC15 assignment then moving the expression pedal doesn't turn on the way block. Any other ideas? I appreciate the help, in any event.
  8. mrspag

This is what I've got:
  9. mrspag

Almost got this working. The way engages whenever the pedal moves and then stops when I stop moving the pedal. The only problem is it also turns off whenever the pedal is less than 50%. I have it set to turn off at 5% but it keeps bypassing when it gets less than 50%. Any ideas why it could be...
  10. mrspag

I’ve been struggling trying to setup an expression pedal with my Helix using MIDI to auto turn on a wah block. I have a Morningstar MC8 controller. I plug the expression pedal into one of the extension inputs on the controller. I was successful in configuring the expression pedal and Morningstar...
  11. mrspag

Mesa Triple Crown TC-50

Hi everyone. I have a TC-50 triple crown 50 watt. Absolutely love it. Looking at ways to reduce gear at a gig and use one of the various reactive load box/IR options on the market now to run direct at a gig. Before diving into those I’m messing around with the cabclone DI on the amp. It sounds...
  12. mrspag

Best way to run DI live with Mesa Boogie Triple Crown

Hi everyone. I have a TC-50 triple crown 50 watt. Absolutely love it. Looking at ways to reduce gear at a gig and use one of the various reactive load box/IR options on the market now to run direct at a gig. Before diving into those I’m messing around with the cabclone DI on the amp. It sounds...
  13. mrspag

Aerosmith’s Joe Perry Les Paul with Tremolo

I saw an Aerosmith concert and Joe Perry played some songs using what looks like a black Les Paul with bonding, a single bridge pickup, and a tremolo arm. I’ve tried googling it but nothing comes up. Is this a model that Gibson ever offered or is it a custom guitar, etc. I would love to get a...
  14. mrspag

Rat/Vox AC 15/20 sound direct to mixer

Just make sure you get the version that matches the impedance of your amps output.
Top Bottom