Recent content by mystixboi

1. mystixboi

Friedman users... how close can the Runt 20 with a boost get to the JJ Jr?

All - I totally love the Runt, but I have to use a Buxom Boost to get me to the tone I have in my head. It's just about there. How close does that get to the JJ jr? Ideally, sometimes I want a bit more saturation. I have the chance to get a JJ Jr, but if the Runt 20 gets close enough to it...
  2. mystixboi

Post your purple guitars

balaguer vega
  3. mystixboi

WORST experience selling a guitar?

I was selling a guitar and met a guy at a local store. He took off the truss rod cover and tweaked a few things and then passed. When I asked him to put the truss rod cover back, he got all pissed off and yelled at me in the store saying I was entitled. Riiiight. last year, I sold a guitar that...
  4. mystixboi

One Really Awesome Expensive Guitar Or A Crap Ton Of $$$Cheap Good Guitars?

I have a few nice ones and some cheap beaters... I have fun with them all. I got this Tagima 530 last week for $100... it's killer...
  5. mystixboi

How important is unplugged electric tone to you?

I was messing around with three different guitars tonight. All different price points... the Prs cu22 (around $2400 or so) was the most resonant... almost like a piano. Next, $100 beater sounded great as well. My number 1 came in last as far as acoustic resonance. It’s a $1000 guitar that...
  6. mystixboi

Halo guitars? Balaguer guitars?

I discovered Balaguer a few years ago... long story short, my wife and I had twins born 2 months early and our hospital bills were through the roof. i had to sell my Suhrs and Music Man's to pay off the bills. I decided to take a chance on BG to hold me over until I could afford another Suhr...
  7. mystixboi

Today’s $100 score!

correct. China I think.
  8. mystixboi

Today’s $100 score!

The person selling the guitar actually had that same exact model in surf green. It was surprisingly heavier than this one but it looks super killer
  9. mystixboi

Today’s $100 score!

Happy new guitar day. This guitar came up in my Facebook marketplace feed selling for $120. They normally sell for about 190 or so. I offer the guy 100 bucks and he accepted. Turns out he lives about a mile away and I actually know his wife because they own a store front downtown. Anyway, I...
  10. mystixboi

Ibanez indo QC

I have owned five different AZ models. Some of which were made in Indonesia. I have zero issues with any of them. Made incredibly well.
  11. mystixboi

The Maury Music thread

What was maury’s side?
  12. mystixboi

Hardtail with Steel Frets for USD$2000 (ish)?

Balaguer. Hands down. There is a virtual builder on the website so you can get an idea of the build when it’s done.