• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recent content by nashvillesteve

1. N

What pedal produce true vibrato/pitch modulation?

I have pitch-shifting vibrato on my MojoVibe and Deluxe Memory Man.
  2. N

Which Octavia...

I like my KR Doubler clone. It has a good sound with the gain set lower and plays OK when stacking with my other fuzz pedals (McFuzz Hot, Hellbilly & Huckleberry). There are a bunch of good octavia pedals out there, though.
  3. N

Best Octave/Octave Fuzz

I've got a KR Doubler and an E-H POG. They are very different and both sound great.
  4. N

Phaser Question

I really like the Deluxe Moon Phaser and also my old Maestro PS-1 Phase Shifter ("Who's That Lady" sound)...
  5. N

Did Eric Clapton ACTUALLY use pedals with John Mayall and Cream?

Not tweed fenders, a couple of cranked vibro-champs.
  6. N

Another "Which Teese Wah For me" thread!

I really like my WoF wah. It's definitely different-sounding. I still have my half-janky 70s thomas organ crybaby w/ a fasel inductor that doesn't sound quite perfect, maybe it just needs adjusting (red TDK inductor model w/ fasel swapped in). I don't use them much, but it has a great huge...
  7. N

I have a Deluxe Memory Man Question!

Maybe I haven't had problems with my DMM's sound quality because I have always had a Hotcake in boost or buffer/bypass mode in front of it... Interesting. However, the vibrato/chorus potentiometer is broken, I might try to find a replacement or just have my tech disable it from the circuit (I...
  8. N

anyone know a place that can put together a custom "patchbay" type thing?

Check out the patch bay units from WOBO. http://www.woboge.com I have some custom work and a stock unit from them, they are great and can do most anything you need custom if the stock units aren't just what you need.
  9. N

What pedal can transform my guitar sound into ... keys or strings or synths?

POG, ebow, HR-2, dmm, phasers, those things all help in crafting the weirdness. volume swells, too.
  10. N

Is there a delay out there that can sound like a Binson Echorec?

I lost an ebay auction last year for a Binson Echorec 2 and wound up buying a 50's Klemt Echolette tape delay (way less tension on tape than echoplex), but I haven't gotten around to restoring it with my tech fully just yet... we got it working some, it's pretty cool! Looks like this: (click...
  11. N

Mojo Vibe into Huckleberry problem

"Internally switched FET buffer pre-amp Switched with a miniature DIP switch, you can choose the warm vintage input configuration or a modern fet buffered input for a brighter sound. This differs in that most vibe makers switch a simple resistor in and out for the two different styles, but it...
  12. N

cheap hendrix octavia's?

kr doubler was only $156 or so new, probably pretty reasonable used. sounds awesome, too.