Recent content by noley

1. noley

The Black Keys New Album is out

I dig it, but it sounds remarkably like the first couple albums from the North Mississippi All Stars.
  2. noley

How to start selling gear on TGP?

I'm more interested in what you have to sell than how much you've sold. :dunno
  3. noley

How many of you have just one electric?

For the last month or so I’ve had only one electric, but I just got my Tele back from repairs so I’m back up to 2. In the last 6 months I’ve unloaded electrics, acoustics, mandolins, drum sets and a vintage amp. I don’t miss any of it.
  4. noley

Into the Wind.

HaHa... coupla bands I like. Meant as a compliment! :aok
  5. noley

Into the Wind.

Damn wind. Great if you’re sailing but no fun to bike, fish or golf in. Really pleasant song. The vocals match up nicely to the music and the music is hypnotic... like cycling ? The intro immediately made me think of Gomez, but by the end of the ride I was hearing String Cheese. Way cool...
  6. noley

NGD! Plain top anyone?

7. noley

Does this look like a real R9

Nothing to contribute other than to say I love these ‘Fake vs. Real’ threads and all the input from those in the know. I also think that’s a bad@ss top. :aok
  8. noley

Phil Rudd - Head Job -

That’s a solid song... but that’s a dopey video :messedup
  9. noley

NGD: 2004 Gibson LP Standard Limited Edition Pacific Reef

Ooo-La-La that’s a mighty pretty color. Congrats on your new guitar!
  10. noley

New 75th Anniversary MIM Tele

I’m with you, matching headstocks are icing on the cake. That’s a real looker, Congrats!
  11. noley

PSA: "1968 Gibson SG." Real, fubar, or fake?

I can’t contribute to the Fake vs. Real discussion but I always enjoy them and always learn things. What I do know is if I were trying to sell a guitar for 4K I wouldn’t have it displayed on an unmade bed, or on the floor with my feet in the picture. I take better photos for the junk I sell on CL.
  12. noley

NGD Lawsuit Howard Roberts, branded Speedfire

I love just about any guitar with a Florentine cutaway, but that one is particularly bad@ss. Congrats to you! :aok It’s a beauty.
  13. noley

Old Guitar Player Magazines

HaHa great timing for this topic... I’ve had this mountain of mags on my local CL for a while and finally got a bite. Buyer drove over two hours to pick them up last night and I let him have them. I’m happy to have them outta my office. I kept a couple of the VG’s, especially the Father’s...
  14. noley

NGD - After 40 years playing the guitar, I'm gonna Relish this one :)

Very nice, Congrats to you! Wow these are really impressive both aesthetically and in concept. I looked at all the models online, they’ve all got great looks and I don’t think the pricing is unreasonable. Even at the high end of the range, this to me is so much more guitar for the money than...
  15. noley

Can I have my guitar modded at Guitar Center?

Your current guitar looks like it’s in great shape. Used prices for yours and for a used EOB are pretty darn close, and only 2-$300 more if you have to have a new one. I agree with others that have said sell your Classic ‘70s and pick up a used Ed already wired up.
Top Bottom