Recent content by Nonvintage

1. Nonvintage

What’s the skinny on 3rd Power Amps? Why did you sell yours?

I had a Clean Sink it didn't have enough clean headroom for gigging. It did sound good in the house with the hybrid master.
  2. Nonvintage

Does gigging when you're old even make sense?

I'm 70. I love to go out and play. Damn Covid-19. At least I have been vaccinated. Now I have to wait for the rest of the band to get theirs.
  3. Nonvintage

Delay Pedal For Lead Guitar

Thanks for all your suggestions. I found a MXR Carbon Copy Bright and a JHS series 3 Delay locally. The CCB won.
  4. Nonvintage

Anyone use a Echobrain?
  5. Nonvintage

Mainly playing old school Rock/Blues with a Princeton, Deluxe or Super Reverb amp. Clean boost used are EP or RC Boost. What delay pedal will broaden my lead tone and what settings should I try? Thanks.
  6. Nonvintage

3rd Power Clean Sink, Giggable?

I'm sad to say it failed the gig test for me. It probably would be a better amp if the tranny would accept 6V6's or 6L6's. Sounds great in the house though. The voicing control for me was more like a volume control from dark to bright. The American setting had a lot less volume than the AC...
  7. Nonvintage

NAD: Fender '65 Princeton Reverb Reissue FSR 12" Celestion Blue Alnico (Chilewich Denim)

Your amp will definitely be giggable. Congrats.
  8. Nonvintage

I have 2 holy grail amps. I need to stop thinking I need another

Once you've found your benchmark sound, a different tone doesn't seem so good no matter the pedigree. But viva la difference.
  9. Nonvintage

My 1x12 Cabinet needs a Cheap Tube Amp Head

Recommendations under $250 appreciated. It will be used in a 5 piece Blues Band. It needs to be as loud as a Deluxe reverb amp.
  10. Nonvintage

Who makes your favorite "modern Blackface" amp?

Check out the 3rd Power Clean Sink. It can go from Blackface to AC 30 ish. The only negative is it is a 6V6 only amp. If it had a transformer so you could use both 6V6's or 6L6's I'd like it even more.
  11. Nonvintage

Silver Sky - first impressions

Both the SS and AVRI were outstanding. But my AVRI cured my GAS for the SS.
  12. Nonvintage

Silver Sky - first impressions

I tried a Golden Mesa/Rosewood SS and really liked it. I brought my 62 Reissue to A/B it to see if it was better. It wasn't.
  13. Nonvintage

Name the one amp that you always wanted but never owned.

Louis Electric Columbia. I had a souped up 79 Princeton Reverb with a Blue and a 70 Deluxe Reverb so I thought the Columbia would be redundant. Still I'd love to try one.