• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recent content by novawind

1. N

I want a new pedal but not sure what

Get a delay. Opens up whole new avenues to your sound.
  2. N

Does the perfect Delay stompbox exist?

Different strokes for different folks.
  3. N

Best Noiseless pickup for a strat

Reverse-Wound, Reverse Polarity Basically the result of reversing the winding (and thus the polarity) of the middle pickup and then combining it in series with either the neck or bridge pickup, resulting in effectively humbucker comprised of two single coils. Like someone said above, you get...
  4. N

Is carrying a 4X12 really that big of a deal?

All I know is that after hauling my Marshall 1960A up the stairs to my apartment, it's going to take a damn good gig to get me to move it down and up again.
  5. N

Help me decide on a Strat! (please)

I was in your situation not even a week ago. I splurged on a used '97 American Standard and I couldn't be happier. You'll definitely notice a jump in quality/feel from switching to American. Partsocaster would depend on how much you spend on pickups, neck and body etc. I added it up about a...
  6. N

Amp photography! For those of us with nothing better to do .....

Gorgeous Strat! Is it a parts-o-caster or did you have a luthier do that for you?
  7. N

Show us your black Strat

Here's my new girl (97 American Standard):
  8. N

TC Nova Modulator Thru Zero Flanging

As soon as I get mine and get some time with it, I'll fill you in.
  9. N

will this devalue my strat?

Weigh putting in the straplocks tightly and losing a little value that way against keeping everything stock, or having loose straplocks and potentially dropping your CS Strat on the floor. THAT will de-value it. Personally, I would just go ahead and do it.
  10. N

Playability OR Tone???

^ This. I'd much rather have a guitar that melted in my hands like butter.
  11. N

OD Pedals: Pedal should fit the amp's tone or visa versa?

What about an OD and 6-band graphic EQ in one box? OR buy a Tim and stick a 6-band in the effects loop.
  12. N

T.C. Electronics Nova Delay & Modular

I recently ordered a Modulator. Soon as it comes I'm sure I'm gonna waste a few evenings just trying to figure it out. :JAM
  13. N

first attempt at home recording.

Cool, thanks! :phones
  14. N

first attempt at home recording.

Let me start out by saying I really dig everything you're doing with the drums, bass, and guitar. It really sounds like my style of music. I would love to hear the final version of the whole song whenever it's done. As a matter of fact, I like it so much, is there anyway you can PM me a tab for...
  15. N

Buttonless Wah

The pedal has a curved piece of metal that acts like a torsional spring to "push" the pedal back to the heel position when you take your foot off of it. There's a small rubber button (kind of like you would see on a lot of handheld electronics) that the heel presses down on instead of a normal...