• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Recent content by NWOBHM

1. NWOBHM

Sold 2 sets THROBAK pickups, reverse zebra PG-102 MXV and zebra MC-102B MXV

PG-102's are SOLD MC-102's are SOLD
  2. NWOBHM

Can anyone tell me about the Throbak MC-102B pickups?

I've had most of them and I like the 101+ w/ short A5's the best. I also have the mc102's, 7.6k neck 9.2k bridge with A4 magnets and they are fatter toned with more mids and smoother top, not as much bite as the 101+. I swapped short A5's into mine and prefer them that way.
  3. NWOBHM

30% Taper Pots? RSGuitarWorks, Hamer, who else?

I just put 2 of the long shaft pots in my 79' KM and these are great. These remind me more of vintage pots. Like the crl pots in my 54' les paul or the central labs, I've had in juniors and melody makers. There way more responsive than the off the shelf pots that I've had in there for the last...
  4. NWOBHM

New Dominger Pickups in my USA Jackson

Nice build! I got the Rider in a flying V. Perfect for raw down tuned stuff like Fu Manchu, The Sword and QOTSA. I ditched the old Super D I was using because, the rider was less compressed and more articulate. Kinda like a meaner Duncan Custom. I normally use Throbaks for a more traditional...
  5. NWOBHM

30% Taper Pots? RSGuitarWorks, Hamer, who else?

Cool, I been buying mojotones regular pots for awhile now. So, about 90 days for 30% short shaft aswell?
  6. NWOBHM

Favorite Humbucker Manufacturer?

I tried that one and the raw humbucker. I usually play thru Throbaks but, wanted something for low tuned stuff, like The Sword, QOTSA,High on Fire etc. The Raw was pretty impressive, not your typical ceramic humbucker. smoother than a distortion and more responsive, not really as harsh and edgy...
  7. NWOBHM

Just Picked Up The New Orange Goblin

I got the new dvd/cd today awesome! Eulogy for the fans
  8. NWOBHM

NGD...1990 Heritage GARY MOORE

Should be a schaller, I think. Brent, That thing is beautiful, I had one for 10 years with the slim neck. Now, I can't get comfortable on one! Got used to the fatty.:rotflmao
  9. NWOBHM

New High on Fire - "Bloody Knuckles"

I like the new disc, I like the previous one more, Snakes for the Divine. Not alot of depth to that song but, if you take them as whole, there's alot more Light and shade to there music and then there are those songs that pummel you into the ground, which isn't a bad thing for metal.
  10. NWOBHM

Dear friends, Who makes those ultra thin, aged pup covers for Humbuckers?

Jon's only got the PAF sized nickel covers as of now.
  11. NWOBHM

Dear friends, Who makes those ultra thin, aged pup covers for Humbuckers?

1960 classic has wider bridge pickup spacing. Jon's are for PAF spaced pickups. I've used the Gibson covers in the past, for the hot ceramic humbuckers that come on classics.
  12. NWOBHM

Refinishes (show yours off!)

82' Hamer Special. Bought stripped refin by Stike at http://www.rowycokustoms.com/RK_intro.html
  13. NWOBHM

1978 Hamer Sunburst...NGD

I just measured mine in th 80' Special. 8.5 neck 8.15 bridge. They might balance better if I swap them but, too lazy.;)
  14. NWOBHM

Grover rotomatics ,Gotoh rotomatics or Kluson tuners best for Les Paul ?

I remember those, they work but, depends on the guitar. It made a strat I had come alive. before, it was dead sounding. Guitars that really sound very alive and resonant, I tend to keep Klusons on. Sometimes, heavier doesn't have the same effect. On my SG, grovers had a negative effect, as it...