Recent content by ocripes

1. ocripes

iPad Pro 2020 usb c hub charge through issues

I'm brand new this stuff. Using an iPad Pro 11 that is usb c. Have a Smartech hub w/ 3 usb a and 1 usb c connections to a Focusrite 3rd gen 2i2. The hub and 2i2 are getting powered. But the iPad is not getting a charge via the usb c from outlet to hub. Have tried iPad to wall outlet w.same...
  2. ocripes

The Style of Jef Lee Johnson: What is his language?

Jef Lee Johnson was such a magnificent musician. He's one guy whose style/language I could never put my finger on in terms of "getting" what was going on. I can listen to other players and verbalize some sense of what they're doing. As in "I hear some altered sounds. I hear some chord...
  3. ocripes

Can't Get Through Arrangement w/o Falling Apart

The one I'm working on is not. My issue seems to be any solo arrangement that I learn that I try to play from start to finish.
  4. ocripes

Yes. This is the case most of the time.
  5. ocripes

He has some really nice arrangements for sale on his website and he's doing Truefire now.
  6. ocripes

Never have I ever :( I learn arrangements for solo guitar (e.g. Tim Lerch stuff). I'm able to execute-put my fingers in the right place and have gone over hard parts. But, I can't play one all the way through without the wheels coming off. Maybe I haven't really learned them. I go over and over...
  7. ocripes

Deluxe Reverb Headroom and tone with power scaling at a non boutique price?

I played a set through one with a Strat straight in. Amazing tone and feel at any volume. If hadn't just gotten a Blues Cube Artist, I would've bought one the next day.
  8. ocripes

Help w/ that intro to Don't Stop Believing

The one time I had to learn it for a gig, I tapped. And, to be clear, I'm not a skilled tapper. I got it to where it didn't suck.
  9. ocripes

What Was Your Most Problematic Amp?

A used Fryette Memphis. In between crapping the bed, it sounded great and had all the bells and whistles I wanted. But, it died and made weird noises 3 times in a couple months. Shipped it to Fryette. They re-tubed ( I had already done so) and it worked. Not long after it died on a gig and I...
  10. ocripes

In Ear Monitors-What's Your Take?

Thanks for the feedback! In most situations where I'd be using the IEM's, I'll be running line out of my Blues Cube Artist, rather than micing it. I'm hoping that sounds good.
  11. ocripes

Thanks for all the great info!
  12. ocripes

I hardly sing. The IEM's have been suggested overall as a way to decrease stage volume. I just saw thread in the Amp forum on this topic. Guy was saying that his amp sounded terrible through the IEM's. Lots of high tech (for my limited knowledge) solutions suggested: use a modeler, use a DI...
  13. ocripes

Not sure if this is the right forum, but hear goes... A few band members are going this way and have suggested I do the same. I wear Westone plugs when I play; my ears are shot (full time hearing aids for 5 years). I'd have to get fitted IEM's, most likely Westones. Have been told that I...
  14. ocripes

Pedaltrain PT 2 Soft Case: Are they like unicorns?

Thanks for the replies! I ordered the Mono bag.
  15. ocripes

Pedaltrain PT 2 Soft Case: Are they like unicorns?

I have an old PT 2, not a "Classic." The soft case finally bit the dust and I figured, "No prob; I'll just go order a new one." Welp, that isn't how it's going. The company has one that shows as "sold out," on the website. I read that Mono has a case that might work, but there's some...