Recent content by oil

1. oil

Sold 80Tape In Limbo III Compact - Hand Painted

This is an amazing pedal. I have the big box version and it ain't goin nowhere!
  2. oil

BJFE Thread

Fuzz '65 sounds epic, I'd love one of those. Oh man. And a flanger? Bjorn has never done a flanger I don't think.
  3. oil

BJFE Thread

Just found that out too. Hope some more come up. I did the Done Bender kit and it is fab.
  4. oil

NPD: 80Tape In Limbo iii Compact Analogue Delay

It is rare to find a pedal that you know will never leave your pedal board but for me this is one of those pedals. The modulation is so lush and tweekable and the multitap helps create some great sounds. This delay pedal is unique.
  5. oil

BJFE Thread

I built the Bone Bender kit during the Christmas holidays and it was great fun and the results amazing. As Bobby says, it is very well organised and easy to follow. This is my first pedal kit ever, all I have soldered before are pots and pickups. Most of it was pretty easy if you follow the...
  6. oil

Opinions Please: New Pedal board vs Fractal FX8?

I used the DT Sr for ambient wash sounds and the FX8 does that plus much, much more with the Multi Delay. I haven't tried to get exactly the same tones but it can do dirty and warm delay sounds. I have been trying to get a good DMM sound and I am getting there. The amount of control you have in...
  7. oil

Opinions Please: New Pedal board vs Fractal FX8?

I have gone from pedals to FX8 about 10 days ago. Before I had: BS2 Buffer > Volume pedal > BJFE PGC > Tees Wah > Clusterfuzz > BJFE Honeybee > Buffalo Fx Evo > BJFE BPB > Effectrode Tubevibe > Foxrox TZF (original) stereo Out 1 - DMM > Strymon Dig > Ditto X2 > amp 1. Stereo Out 2 (from TZF)...
  8. oil

Sold Foxrox TZF2, Effectrode Mercury Fuzz, Echosex 2 Delay

Just put these three great pedals on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/mag123maghma/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from= Feel free to contact me if interested. Pedals are in the UK.
  9. oil

gurus echosex 2 delay

Just got my Echosex today. I am extremely impressed. It does effect the overall tone, on or off, in a really good way. It sits in the mix is beautifully and doesn't take over. Very special indeed. I have never tried a real Binson but I have had almost every delay pedal there is. Early days, but...
  10. oil

Effectrode = Bliss

Fantastic pedals. I am now running a Mercury Fuzz, Tube Drive and a Vibra Chorus. I also have the newest version of the Tube Vibe and can't make up my mind which I prefer, Vibe or Chorus.
  11. oil

Baby Pink Booster...where should I put it??!!

I put it after my drives. Fantastic pedal.
  12. oil

Effectrode Tube Drive . . . !!!

Well my tubes arrived today. First I tried the Panasonic ECC82 ( same spec as a mullard) in the Tube Drive which is equivalent to a 12AU7. Predictably there was a loss of gain and volume. It sounded nice but prefer the standard 12AX7s. At £25 this was quite a pricy tube and will try it in the...
  13. oil

Effectrode Tube Drive . . . !!!

New Tube Drive in the house!! Managed to score a new one from loopersparadise in Germany. Looks like they are still in stock. I just love the effectrode pedals and can't believe that I didn't discover them years ago. now have the Drive, Vibe and Mercury Fuzz and they are all just amazing. The...
  14. oil

Best low gain overdrive

I have tried many different pedals and the best low gain OD for me, playing single coils through EL84 amps is the BJFE Honeybee.
  15. oil

Effectrode Mercury Tube Fuzz

Look forward to hearing your take on it. The PC-2A is great need to play it more before deciding between it and the BJFE. The PC-2A is thicker and very sweet but the BJFE is special too and a little brighter in the mids. Both colour the tone - but in a good way.
Top Bottom