• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by orangekick

1. orangekick

What album were you disappointed with the most when you purchased it?

This will be another vote for Metallica - The Black Album. My expectations were entirely too high. Over the years, I've come to not mind it so much. It'll never be a favorite, but it was more interesting to me than a lot of what was on the radio at the time.
  2. orangekick

Those of us who learn solos note for note......and those of us who purposely do not ?

I'm totally in the "it depends on the song" camp. There are a lot of tunes where the lead part feels like it's part of the song as much as any riff might be.
  3. orangekick

A New Straight Up Rock n' Roll Song

That would be Neil Fallon from Clutch.
  4. orangekick

FS SOLD - Mesa Boogie DC-10 head w/flight case

This is one of my all-time favorite amps, it's just way more amp than I need at this point in my life. It ships in a fitted flight case. It was recently retubed with all Svetlana tubes. I replaced the foot switch with a new one direct from Mesa. SOLD. No trades...
  5. orangekick

Visiting Pittsburgh - what guitar shops should i visit?

A friend of mine is the tech there. Cool shop.
  6. orangekick

Best *sounding* concert you’ve attended

Porcupine Tree - House of Blues in Cleveland, 2009 Everything was crystal clear. If not for the changes in arrangement, I would have thought that they were just playing the albums over the PA.
  7. orangekick

What was the most diverse album ever made?

I clicked on this thread to make the same statement. Every album from them is a wild ride.
  8. orangekick

List your CD here

I hadn't played with these guys since the 90s. We started talking last year sometime. Some songs started to form, so we got together over a week to hammer them out and track the majority of it. If you like 90's rock, you might dig this.
  9. orangekick

I dare you - What's the best-sounding amp you've ever played?

For me and what I do, the Mesa Royal Atlantic 100 is the best amp that I have ever played.
  10. orangekick

If only tonight we could sleep

The Head on the Door, Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me, and Disintegration are my favorites. I always strive to weave some Cure-like bits into my music when I'm writing it. I love the atmospheres that they created.
  11. orangekick

HUM have a new album – “Inlet”

Multiple listens reveal so much going on in the mix. Sure, it's a little different from their older work. I love it and will continue to listen to it in regular rotation. It's a beautiful album.
  12. orangekick

I'm calling it: Clutch are the best band of the last 20 years

The lyrics have always been one of my favorite parts. Clutch has been one of my favorite bands since the 90s. I've seen them live at least 20 times and they have never let me down.
  13. orangekick

Need clips for Pittbull Cl 50 and D60

If you can get by the vocals, all of these songs are double-tracked Pittbull 100CL through a VHT 4x12. No other amps were used on this recording. https://negativetheory.bandcamp.com/releases
  14. orangekick

Ever feel you are putting hard work and effort into learning material not many will want to hear ?

I just learn and play what I want. Sometimes that means that I have an easier time learning other songs, sometimes that means that I can write more interesting pieces.
Top Bottom