• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by papersoul

1. papersoul

NPD: Suhr Koko Boost!

I got my Orange Two Stroke. I notice I can only boost low mids and high mids, so you can't just do a general mids boost like you can with a graphic EQ, but it sounds great and so sweet.
  2. papersoul

If you like the Koko, you'll love the Buxom Boost. It's like the Koko on steroids. :) I used the Koko in my loop but it was too loud. The Buxom replaced my Koko up front. I may grab another for the heck of it.
  3. papersoul

Old thread... As much as I love the Koko, I replaced it with my Buxom and I can pretty we mimic the Koko, with either more options. I only wish the Koko had a volume of level so that I could use it in the effects loop. It's so loud in my loop. But I loved it in front of the amp, but I can do...
  4. papersoul

Fane F70 or Eminence/Omega?

I always thought a large dust cap rounded off highs and was darker, yet the Eminence DV-77 is dark with a small cap.
  5. papersoul

F70 and 75 reminds me of my favorite speaker, a Redback.
  6. papersoul

Wow the Avatar 75 sounds great. I like large dust caps. Gonna check it out. What does it blend well with? I don't like my tones all stuff, I like some give and chew too. Thanks!
  7. papersoul

That's what I know of it. Yet I read reviews online and forums where guys call it a medium weight speaker. Lol.
  8. papersoul

I was on Avatar's site and talked to Dave and figured they could be good work. Evne the F70 description talks about heavy tones. That said, I'm leaning toward Celestion and Eminence.
  9. papersoul

Hey guys... Trying to finish off my Bogner 412. It only has two China V30s and I'm either gonna get two Eminence DV-77s, or maybe Fane F70s. Also thinking Dv-77/Omega (Eminence) VM12-65, assuming I pull the V30s. My other 412 is Redback/Mesa V30. I hear guys say the Fane 70 is a medium...
  10. papersoul

Any Dunlop Crybaby 95Q people out there?

I liked the 95Q but the limited sweep, bothered me. I switched to the CAE MC-404. It's nice and thick and throaty. Since I use a wah with high gain, the boost function doesn't increase volume, only gain.
  11. papersoul

New modern high gain amp quest!

A lot of guys say the V doesn't take pedals well, but I know I got good results on channel 2. Have to try that again.
  12. papersoul

I'm a big Bogner fan. I'd be all over it if Bogner made an amp with Shiva/XTC like crunch on on echannel and Uberschall like gain on another. I'd love that. I was hoping something like the Revv Generator 3 or KSR Gemini, etc could get me close. Apparently the Revv G3 Channel 4 I believe was...
  13. papersoul

Yes sir, and I had a SigX briefly that I borrowed and recall I loved it. It got the tones from my ST50 and lots more. It's been years and I wish I coild play one and all these other amps before I make a move. Thanks guys. These days you have to just buy and try, sell if you don't like. Not many...
  14. papersoul

I have been interested in thr new Deliverance but I am not the biggest fan of ultra responsive, dry amps. Fryettes sound amazing when guys play them, but I struggled with my UL. I did love my ST50 however. I also love the SigX. There is a VHT SigX on Revebr for $2200, but I couldn't swing it...
  15. papersoul

Reccommend a speaker for high gain

Thanks guys, The EVM is so expensive that for my needs, it's hard to justify. I see them for close to $200 used. I mean I love my Redbacks and now I'm looking at Fane speakers, like the 70, or the Eminence/Omega DV-77/VM12-65.
Top Bottom