Recent content by pattste

1. pattste

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

I think it is entirely possible (even probable) that they will come up with paid content that leverages the cloud architecture. However, I think it's absurd to think they will try keep people's presets hostage or something as some seem to be alluding to.
  2. pattste

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

My feeling exactly. Also, if you look at the list of amps, numbers 18 to 50 are pretty much all hard rock/metal amps too. It looks like they're doing a killer job of covering all the variations of that subgenre. For those into that kind of music, it could be a dream come true. For other kinds of...
  3. pattste

Silent practice - my amp w/ IR Load box or use a modeler

Helix mostly.
  4. pattste

Silent practice - my amp w/ IR Load box or use a modeler

Personally, I think it's a lot easier to get tones I like using my amp/pedalboard into a load box / IR than using a modeler. I use a Two Notes Torpedo Live. Practicing with a rig as close to your live setup as possible is likely preferable too.
  5. pattste

Kemper vs Helix effects?

You may want to post this in the Digital & Modeling Gear section (or ask the mod to move it). The Kemper's reverbs and delays are as good as anything else out there in my opinion. I much prefer them to those in the Helix personally.
  6. pattste

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

Considering last week's announcement with Sweetwater (and others like Long & McQuade), the opening of pre-orders, shared photos of racks full of units and dates in November hinted at, I'm thinking the exact opposite. I think they're in the final stretch. However, I think those who expect the...
  7. pattste

Big Semi/Hollow Guitars - Who's Making Them?

XXL Guitars Roxxy by luthier Marc Lupien.
  8. pattste

Jazz Guitars

I think the amp also counts for a lot in the pursuit of the jazz tone.
  9. pattste

Favorite Reverb plugin (IR)

Christian Knufinke makes truly wonderful (convolution) reverbs. His latest is SIR3. I've used SIR2 on everything I've recorded or mixed for years.
  10. pattste

Two Notes Store- CabM Questions

All the virtual cabs in the Two Notes store will work with your CabM. You can also try them if you install Torpedo Remote.
  11. pattste

Does anybody still play DR strings?

Interesting how a significant number of people have had nothing but problems with DR Strings while a similar number have been using them for years with no issue whatsoever, with very few people in between those extremes. Who knew a string brand could be so polarizing!
  12. pattste

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

I haven't seen it mentioned (probably because it goes without saying) but is the Quad Cortex made in China?
  13. pattste

What is your main overdrive pedal? (2020 Edition)

Hermida Zendrive. I do have another OD on my board for variety, usually a Sarno Earth Drive but sometimes an Xotic BB Preamp.
  14. pattste

Does anybody still play DR strings?

I currently use DR Pure Blues and DR Sunbeams strings. I've read about quality control issues but haven't experienced any myself. I'm sure some of the complaints are valid but others are probably due to the roundcore construction and the precautions necessary when installing them.
  15. pattste

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

I had a quick look at the list of modeled amps (current and coming later) and didn't see any Dumble style amps. Am I missing something?

Trending Topics