Recent content by pepperedmoth

1. P

What are the line outs on interfaces for?

Thanks for the reply! My apogee interface does not have *line* outs. Just 2 xlr main outs :/ The d710 preamp does have *line* ins though. Is there some sort of product that converts my interface's main outs to *line* outs so that I could go into the *line* ins of my d710 preamp or any other...
  2. P

What are the line outs on interfaces for?

Are they for sending out audio to other preamps for example? I currently have an apogee element 46, but don't see any line outs on the box. I've tracked instruments through a UA d710 bypassing the apogee's preamps and got great results. What I want to be able to do now is send my stereo mix...
  3. P

Antelope zen studio vs apogee element 88

Anyone care to share their thoughts on these interfaces?
  4. P

Problem with 1968 super reverb. Please help.

Well yes, unfortunately. But I have much respect for the tech and feel it was something that could easily be missed or overlooked. It could happen to anyone. The wgs speakers cost me a total of $164. So, it was like buying a pedal in a sense and which by the way I am extremely happy with these...
  5. P

Honestly, i don't know. my friend was the one who redid it. Sorry!
  6. P

OP here All new wiring but the amp wasn't sounding right still, so we resoldered the jack too and bam, amp sounds like a gem now. Sorry if I had use the wrong term lol let's just call it the F cap ha
  7. P

Thanks for replying and for all the help guys. It was the F cap/input jack. Fixed it and now the amp sounds amazing!
  8. P

OP here I barely got around to work on the wiring this weekend. So, we replaced the wiring entirely except for the F cap/input jack (don't have anything else) Wired in parallel and got a 2 ohm load reading again. Thought this was gonna be it, but it sounds exactly the same. No break up at...
  9. P

Thanks for your reply! but I don't think it's the new speakers and probably nothing wrong with the original oxfords either. Both types of speakers gave the same results as mentioned in the original post, but the amp sounded phenomenal through a friends 72 super reverb cab. We're assuming it...
  10. P

Thanks for the responses fellas. Really do appreciate it. I just spoke to my friend who installed the speakers and said he will replace the wiring to see if we get the wanted results. Will take the amp back to him tomorrow and will report back on the results. vintagelove, you're right, my...
  11. P

hey guys So I recently made the drive to Austin to purchase a 68 super reverb for a price I couldn't pass. Took it to Austin vintage guitars and the amp tech said it had been recapped and blackfaced. Only problem is it doesn't sound like it should through the oxford speakers (not loud, only...
  12. P

Can anyone recommend interface with bypassable preamps?

Wow very interesting. What preamps are you running into your 18i20?
  13. P

Not on the focusrite 18i20, unfortunately.
  14. P

currently have the focusrite 18i20 and there is no way I can bypass the preamps on it which is very frustrating and disappointing. Planning on selling it. I've researched and found a few but wanted to give the gear page a shot. Does anyone know of any within the $200-$600 price range? I plan...
  15. P

Has anyone used the UA-LA 610 on their pro tools mix bus?

I actually got invited to a studio last night where they used the la610 on drums, bass synth, vocals, and some sample melodic noise. Also, they ran the whole mix back into it and it sounded glorious! The guys at the studio do it because they like the sound it gives the whole mix. It's not a...