• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by pete kanaras

1. P

Eminence GA-SC64 12 - comparisons and thoughts

The allesandro 12, after break in, sounds absolutely superb in my 67 Reverberocket2. A big part of its appeal for me is its paper former. Paper is more tactile and adds too that really sweet top end. Love that speaker
  2. P

How to make a Twin or other loud amp work for quiet stage volume?

well, as a veteran of nine japanese tours i can help, as i Surely know the pain you're experiencing.... every tour was a Roland Jazz Chorus on almost every gig. JC's are the silver twin of japan, they are on every stage. no way you can dial one in like you do a fender, no way jose. what worked...
  3. P

Fane Ascension Series?

what's the difference between the A60S and the "normal" A60?
  4. P

West Coast Blues Thread Version 19

I had the switch installed in the #2 input of channel 2. most of the black/silver faces had the same value bright cap but one (super or twin, I forget) had a larger value. It'a useful for certain things but it rarely gets used. Position 2 is stock deluxe and stays there most of the time, and off...
  5. P

Yeah that C12K is wonderful but boy it needs a Long time to break in. you just need a lot of patience with it, around 80-100 hours i'd say. Think of it as a slightly darker real C12N that refuses to cave in on you when you turn the wick up. I have a 3 position bright switch (off/dr value/twin...
  6. P

Reverb pans are some of the most inconsistent bits of all. A very complex subject! George, one time our mutual tech gave me a box of 12 identical fender tanks to critique, as he was too busy. This was back in the "glory days" when Accutronics was still American, well over twenty years ago. All...
  7. P

RCA is making tubes again....

touche'. obviously i didn't read the entire thread. i read just enough to go "oh, very nice!", then scooted to the very end to read about how they sound etc (after 30 pages SOME must have been shipped by now.... but nope.... by "classic gear page" i obviously (to me at least) meant 300-some...
  8. P

If you failed to see the humor....oh never mind...
  9. P

Drri + jensen c12k

I've been rely thinking about popping a Type A into my Reverberocket 2. On paper it sounds perfect, we'll see
  10. P

Thirty pages of hand wringing angst and not one person has actually heard them yet. classic Gear Page. Outstanding
  11. P

I can dig it! For me it's "live in japan", wise fools and the cobra strat stuff. Btw he used an Ampeg amp (not sure what model) for the cobra stuff with Ike Turner
  12. P

Regarding Otis' wise fool's tone, that album was recorded in 1976. The Epiphone was basically retired by then and he was playing Gibsons at that point
  13. P

Wrong yes. That's Johnny Ace (Acerno) on Bass, Jerome "Big Foot" Green on drums (longtime drummer for Wilson Pickett), and Danny Draher on 2nd guitar. I played with all those guys and what you're seeing is basically Danny's band backing Otis. All killer, no filler, grown men playing the blues!
  14. P

That sounds like the 355 to me, the Riviera is much more hollow sounding and "bouncier", for lack of a better word. the Riv is brighter but less direct sounding. my alltime favorite Otis tone by far is on the live "So Many Roads, Live in Japan" album on Delmark. Definitely the Riviera there and...
Top Bottom