Recent content by PianoMan

1. PianoMan

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

:roll Yes, I did mean double cut.
  2. PianoMan

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

I have a set, though it's currently split between two guitars. I didn't get into the weeds with adjustments, so I can't mirror your experiences there - I pretty much just got the pickup height to a good spot and left them. I don't have tons of experience with humbuckers, but the bridge Crema is...
  3. PianoMan

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

It was actually announced a while ago. LINK
  4. PianoMan

Updated Strymon pedals, not just the Deco

Just got the email - they're out and in stock on Strymon's website!
  5. PianoMan

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Before I got my Veritas Portlander, my main guitar for 5+ years was a tele with Dimarzio Area Ts in it. They sounded fantastic, and aren't that expensive. Highly recommended.
  6. PianoMan

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Haven't posted any playing or anything in a few months because of my thumb injuries (last I posted about it I had De Quervain's in my right hand...ended up getting it in my left hand as well). I'm finally recovered enough that I can start playing a little bit again! I've made some changes to my...
  7. PianoMan

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Fantastic idea! Stuff like this makes these instruments so much more special, so I'm sure you will treasure that guitar for decades to come! I did more or less the same thing with my Veritas Portlander. I ordered it shortly before our wedding, and had the Veritas guys engrave a logo (designed...
  8. PianoMan

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Ugh. Electrical issues are such a pain. It's hard to say if power conditioners will help, as there is a TON of marketing lingo (read: intentionally misleading bs) in that world, but from the research I've done, and based on what I hear, I doubt power conditioners will help. They have their...
  9. PianoMan

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

I'm very much a single coil guy, and have definitely dealt with this in the very recent past. Dunno if this will change now that my churches Axe-Fx's are in a different part of the building now, but I know noise with single coils was a big issue (at least for me) for a while. A few things I've...
  10. PianoMan

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

This. The pedal is just stupidly versatile. I honestly didn't make enough use of that when I had it, and it's first in line if I ever get the room to add another similarly sized pedal to my board.
  11. PianoMan

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Haven’t done the first stage thing with it, but I had one as my main drive for a while. If you pull back the bass and treble, it creates a mid hump in the lower mids that I found to be reminiscent of a Kilt, though FAR more open/uncompressed.
  12. PianoMan

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

I know Matt! He used to be the music pastor at our sister church. He actually moved out to Nashville a few months ago, so my guess is that he and Travis will be writing more often. And since we're talking about needing new music, Matt has a bunch of stuff out there that's great. Most is under...
  13. PianoMan

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Sounds fantastic! Your tone there is just stupidly good - some of the best AC30ish tones I've heard from a Fractal! You going to release your preset anytime soon? ;)
  14. PianoMan

So Lets Talk About Pedalboards...

When sitting on the ground, they are very stable, and I never noticed any flex. (Note: I use a PBC 6/X, so all the switches I hit regularly were directly over a support.) I will note that they do flex/twist some when picked up. Not a ton, but it's enough that I wouldn't recommend locking cables...
  15. PianoMan

Veritas Custom Shop Orders

Bearcats are their lowest output pickups, and are in the "humbuckers designed to play like single coils" vain (think Lollar El Rayo, Lambertone Crema, etc.) Casey describes these as being a great pickup when you want to sit back in the mix a bit. Popes are somewhere between the Bearcat and a...
Top Bottom