• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Recent content by pinfloi

1. pinfloi

Guitar you first really wanted when growing up

13 yo? That was 1978. My 3 favorite guitarist at that time were playing a guitar with two horns Could that be the reason why I've never liked Teles or Les Pauls? :D
  2. pinfloi

Rock songs with sensible lyrics about death

It doesn't necessarily mean unrealistic or romanticizing. The OP song is a straight look into the eyes of the dying mother and a call for her to let go I see your eyes are misty and searching I see your skin showing its veins I am holding your hand trying to give you strength You are fighting...
  3. pinfloi

Perhaps I've made a little mistake at the title, because English is not my first language :rotflmao The main meaning of "Sensible" in Spanish is not "in accordance to wisdom and judgment", but "able to be moved by beauty and aesthetic values or by feelings such as love, tenderness or...
  4. pinfloi

Indeed :D I am wondering who could have memories of the loved ones that have passed away when listening some of the songs that have been mentioned here. But anything is possible. e.g.: Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name could fit if you've lost a dearest one at the Gallows Pole :red
  5. pinfloi

If we do that, the indisputable winner is Mozart's Requiem
  6. pinfloi

There are thousands of rock songs with lyrics about death. From the epic approach of Iron Maiden to the gore taste of Death Metal. I am wondering how many are there with personal, sensible and human approach. Not catastrophic, mythological, terrorific, scary, dreadful, suicidal, ghostly, macabre...
  7. pinfloi

Boss SY-1000

Polyphonic Slow gear :stir Polyphonic Harmonist :stir Vary Guitar :stir Bowed :stir Pipe :stir Solo :stir Crystal :stir Brass :stir Anyway, you have the VIO guitar back. That is cool :cool:
  8. pinfloi

Boss SY-1000

Are you totally sure that you won't miss the unique features of the VG-99? :stir:stir
  9. pinfloi

Are any other guitarists as significant as Jimi and EVH?

It all depends on our age and on the radio station we were tuning when we were teenagers. For me, the most significant were Blackmore, Gilmour and Iommi
  10. pinfloi

I'll never sell my________pedal.

Roland EV-5. It is the only thing that has survived more than 20 years at my rig. This pic is from 1998
  11. pinfloi

Boss SY-1000

That was me. I sold the H9 after I cloned the presets that I found interesting. The Axe-FX III has 4 quality modes at the Reverb block: Economy, Normal, High and Ultra-High. Even the Economy mode is better than the H9.
  12. pinfloi

Boss SY-1000

Not better, not worst in generic terms. They are different animals in several areas. If you love PCM sounds, the SY-1000 doesn't have them. If you want V-Guitar (e.g.: nylon, acoustic...) like at the GP-10, the SY-1000 is for you. If you want amp modeling and effects closer to the GT-1000, the...
  13. pinfloi

Boss SY-1000

I agree with you, JiveTurkey. If you listen any of the the SY1000 reverbs side by side with Fractal Audio or other units, they are boring and dark. Adding delays and EQs at the reverb wet signal can make it more digestible and fun, but the base sound is still dull.
  14. pinfloi

Boss SY-1000

This is an example of how you can use the Axe-FX III for hex processing (through the 6+1 physical inputs) Blocks In-2 to In-4 are splitting the 3 L/R signals from the GK pickup to two different rows (every block has a Balance Control) Block In 1 is the regular pickup input. In USB is the...
  15. pinfloi

Boss SY-1000

That "USB In" to me seems to be a block that will allow you to route an external audio device 'into the grid' -- which is something you can't really do (unless the device is in USB input mode -- but you can't use the analog inputs simultaneously) on the AxeFx II. The mere existence of that "USB...