Recent content by plexigary

1. plexigary

How long ago did Koll stop taking custom orders?

Hi all, I thought I'd respond to the questions about our custom queue. We paused the queue in late 2019, when the number of custom orders coming in was getting out of hand and we had to limit it. The impact of the pandemic has been that since we have a really small workshop, Saul's had to work...
  2. plexigary

NGD: 2 Koll Super Glide Almighty(s)

Those are hands down the two nicest used Super Glides that have hit the market this year. Congrats!
  3. plexigary

Biggest "WTF is that?" record company reaction?

Whatever, man. You weren't there.
  4. plexigary

Biggest "WTF is that?" record company reaction?

I produced the Wilco documentary, and that wasn't forced or faked. Yeah Howie Klein had just left Reprise the week before the band delivered the record. So I think the A&R staff that was left at the time just didn't get it, and the label didn't want to spend the additional money to market and...
  5. plexigary

Kurt Cobain's Martin from MTV Unplugged Going to Auction

Page's #1? Micawber? Old Black?
  6. plexigary

Kurt Cobain's Martin from MTV Unplugged Going to Auction

It sold for six million dollars, the buyer is the owner of Rode microphones.
  7. plexigary

Saul Koll Ultra Glides 6 & 12 String Baritones

Dying to hear these in action, Shane!!!
  8. plexigary

Saul Koll Brutalist Duo Drive

Here's a recent High-Rise demo (with settings etc) from Andy Martin:
  9. plexigary

Sold Koll "The Wedge" and Briggs "Ventura" prototype - my personal guitars

So glad it found a home, Jaya. We'll make you another one after things return to "normal"...
  10. plexigary

Favorite fuzzed-out songs to play?

Thanks all! Fu Manchu.... oh man I totally forgot about those guys. I ended up taking a lot of your suggestions, and threw in some MC5 (which also works very well for this). Cheers! -Gary
  11. plexigary

Favorite fuzzed-out songs to play?

Doing some fuzz pedal testing tonight which got me thinking about fun rock songs to play that feature massive fuzz. There are obvious ones like "Satisfaction" and "Summertime Blues" etc... but what are your favorites? Cheers!
  12. plexigary

Benson/Koll Kombi Amp

Benson is building them, with help from Koll. It's a Portland thing. Cheers!
  13. plexigary

Benson/Koll Kombi Amp

Here are a few more photos of the Kombi. It'll be released by Koll this summer, pricing and details coming soon. Saul is designing a custom handle for it, and there might be a few other cosmetic tweaks too. But we really love how it looks/sounds.
  14. plexigary

Saul Koll Brutalist Duo Drive

Hi all! Saul and I are super excited to be releasing the first Koll effects pedal. Saul has been a hardcore pedal buyer and user (usually overdrives and distortion) since he bought a Little Big Muff when he was 13. So this is a long time coming. But we wanted to let you know that our first...
  15. plexigary

Builder who can make smaller reverse Firebird

Creston Lea has been doing some cool smaller Firebird-esque shapes lately too. https://www.instagram.com/crestonguitars/ http://crestonguitars.com/
Top Bottom